Chapter 1

It was a sunny April afternoon when Odysseus stepped off the subway onto the platform. He looked around, grinning. It'd been so long since he'd been back. Too long, he thought.

"He's back! Dyse's back!" The shout rang up from a group of rowdy boys near the Starbucks. Odysseus chuckled as he recognized his friends' enthusiasm. He hurried over to them, practically running.

"Took you long enough." a sprightly boy with raven hair and bright blue eyes chastised, smirking. Odysseus rolled his eyes. Motley loved a good joke.

"Nell's been waiting." York added, pushing his shaggy blonde hair back to reveal hazel eyes. He was smiling as well, happy to see Odysseus again.

Odysseus felt his stomach drop. Nell, his sweet Penelope, the light and love of his life. She'd (rather annoyingly) stolen his heart with her curly brown hair, sky blue eyes, and bright laugh.

"Dude, chill out!" Jax laughed, his auburn hair and green eyes giving him the look of a madman. "You should've seen your face!"

"She's okay, isn't she?" he asked, ignoring Jax's laughter and comment. His honey brown eyes spiked with fear for his lover.

"Oh, she's fine." Scale waved a mahogany brown hand, his deep voice soothing. Black dreadlocks and dark, dark eyes, plus his resemblance to a wrestler all gave him the look of a bodyguard. No one would guess he was the peacekeeper of their gang.

"Trapped by her parents' in their mansion so she can't see you, of course, but yes, absolutely fine." Nip, the final member, added, bottle green eyes glaring at Scale. A mop of brown hair flopped onto his forehead, and he impatiently pushed it away.

Odysseus' eyes hardened, and he ran a hand through his white blonde hair, clearly thinking hard.

"Let's get back to Base." he said finally. "We'll discuss it there."