𝚖𝚢 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚗 | 𝟸𝟷 𝙵𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢

╔

╔. ■ .═══════╗

21 February 2006

TUESDAY

╚═══════. ■ .╝

[y/n]'s pov

𝐏𝐔𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 thick glass door of the Honmachi Familymart, a resounding bell alerted the worker at the check-out desk, who didn't pay any mind to my presence as she appeared to be engrossed on something on her flip phone. 

I brushed my fingers through my scalp, feeling the rain water ladened thick within my clothing, sending chills throughout my skin.

Wandering through the familiar aisle stacked full of processed snacks, bright colours of packaging being illuminated by the flickering lights above, I felt the tiredness that came with the pressures of responsibility weighing down my shoulders. 

Pulling out my hands from my pockets, I reached for a packet of my comfort food. 

In the aisle across from the one I was in, I could hear the loud conversation of a group of boys. Their obnoxious talking had me sighing out in annoyance; the reverberations of their voices giving me a mild headache. 

Peering through the bags of chips, I could see the outline of one of the boys on the other side, observing how his shoulders shook as he laughed at his own joke. 

"Anyways; you gonna take on that job that little guy offered?" One questioned, as he shuffled through the drinks. 

The one I could almost visibly see through the cracks in the aisle scoffed, "uh– yeah, the guy offered ¥270000 full in cash, and all for getting rid of one girl," he pronounced, the amount of money having the two he was in company with grumble in jealousy. 

I furrow my brows, almost concerned with their stupidity of voicing out the fact they were planning a hit and run. 

"Yeah; but the job is practically a death wish. She's the sister of the guy who runs Toman, right?" The one by the fridge pointed out. 

The comment had my dropping the packet of dorayaki, the plastic letting out it's spherical crunch as it hit the polished concrete floor. The sound had the group of three boys halt their conversation.