1

Bendy had no idea how he got here. One moment he was playing with the Projectionist, the next thing he knew he had slipped off a crate while playing and fell into a puddle and popped up in the middle of somewhere super bright and definitely was not home.

There were other beings, toons as he quickly learned, that walked around the bright place he was in. However when some saw him they screamed and caused havoc. All Bendy could think of was that he was a dripping inky mess that could cause such a reaction. And also maybe the claws and hooves and spikes protruding from his back and had morphed to look scary in self defense against his will. He hated when that happened.

The small demon toon looked around his hiding spot, trying to figure out where he was and find a better place to hide because hiding behind the big trash can was too stinky for his liking. Seeing a toon by themself, he took his luck and tried out a new trick he had learned.

Taking a deep breath, Bendy focused on the toons shadow. The way it moved and bent and how flawless it was. As quick and sneaky as he could be, Bendy dashed after the shadow and quickly dove into it and became the shadow. He watched as the toon looked around trying to figure out where, what Bendy could assume, the toon running at him could be.

Looking at the toon closely from the shadow, Bendy tilted his head as he tried to figure out what they were. They looked like uncle Boris, but more slouched and not wolf like? Their ears dropped to the side of his head that had two strands of hair awkwardly sticking out from under their green floppy hat. He had a long snout with two big chunky teeth protruding from the front and a big round nose. The toon was tall and lanky and smelt funny. Bendy had no clue what they were supposed to be. The toon scratched their head and shrugged, seeming to have given up, or rather not care for the footsteps with no owner.

"Oh gawrsh. I must be hearing things" he laughed at himself with a big loud "ah-hyuck!" In it. Bendy cringed.

The toon began to walk again, making the demon quickly move to catch up as he took long awkward uneven strides. The toon walked awkwardly and randomly, making it difficult for Bendy to keep up and mimic as to not be caught or left behind.

As they walked around the bright wonky town, Bendy took in his surroundings. All the buildings were shaped so strangely; tilting, curving, bending and sloping in different directions. Regardless of how random they were placed and how different they all were, together they created harmony and made everything look normal somehow. The demon didn't know whether to be in awe or bothered at how odd it was. But who was he to judge? He loved in an abandoned building that was made up of yellow and was falling apart with ink in every corner.

"Goofy, there you are! I've been looking all over for you." A gravely annoying voice squawked. Bendy focused in and saw what looked like a chicken-but-not-chicken from the dancing troupe. Their voice was grating and hard to understand a word they got out. The toon, Goofy as he now knew, laughed at whatever the newcomer had to say "don't worry, Donald! I got my eyes out. Whatever or whoever that was earlier won't get past me! We'll find them for sure and sort this all out!"

The two spoke some more and once they parted ways, Bendy took his chance once again and hopped into the chickens(?) shadow as it was much easier to fit into. This time he didn't bother with changing his shape at all as that was far to draining and difficult to do and instead focused more on the movements and watching where they were going.

Shadow hopping and copying was more fun than he thought. In the studio it was a bit difficult to do as there wasn't many shadows to hop and mimmic due to the lighting, and the shadows that were there were still, not moving as the ones here. Sometimes he could persuade the Projectionist to cast some moving shadows for him to play in, but it was easier than this as he could slip into the ink and stop whenever he wanted to. Now, Bendy had to put all his energy and attention into keeping up and staying as a shadow.