~Chapter I|Part II~

The Night Market was aglow with the lights from the overhanging decorations that lit up the path along with the unique lighting from each stand, illuminating the merchandise with a soft hue. Y/N looked around at each stand, looking for Eda's Beetle Juice. She didn't want to get entranced by the flower stand and forget all about helping her out. She found a culinary ingredients stand that had plenty of Beetle Juice out for purchase. "Hallo! Vat can I git fir you dear?" The old woman said in a thick German accent, pushing up her telescope-like glasses on her face. "I'd like 3 large bottles of Beetle Juice, please!" "Of course! Let me get that ready fir you!- Oh vait!" The old woman interjected, causing a chill to go down Y/N's spine.

Although the Night Market was a "no-snitching" zone, it was never guaranteed. "Yer pickin up fir de Owvel Lady, ja? Vat a sveet girl! I throw in 3rd bottle fir free!" With a relieved sigh, Y/N thanked the old lady and paid her the snails for the two bottles and the old lady wrapped them in a protective wrap to prevent the bottles from shattering. She took the Beetle Juice and made her way over to her favorite place, the enchanted flower stand. When she arrived, she saw Ms. Florence discussing prices with a customer so she didn't want to interrupt. She suddenly felt a presence to her right.

ᓚᘏᗢ

"Do you know about enchanted flowers?" A mid-tone voice spoke softly. Y/N turned towards the mysterious figure. He had a golden owl-like mask, white cloak, and a golden triangle clip. He stood a couple inches taller than her which led her to believe they were around the same age. "I dabble a bit in it. Although I read more about them then actually growing them..." Y/N answered, caressing one of the flowers ahead of her. "You must really love those ones." He pointed out. She looked back towards him and he stood in a relaxed position, awaiting some sort of response. "Uh- yeah! These are called Somniferous Amare. It translates to sleeping love. It's commonly used as a sleep aid and is usually given to a romantic partner. They're one of my favorites. I just love their scent and color. Here! Smell!" She rambled excitedly.

ᓚᘏᗢ

Species: Somniferous AmareColors: Yellow and Pink or Yellow and BlueSmell: Lavender, Mint, and JasmineKnown for: melatonin-like plant, given to someone you love (particularly someone who has trouble sleeping to show that you care about their well ...

Colors: Yellow and Pink or Yellow and Blue
Smell: Lavender, Mint, and Jasmine
Known for: melatonin-like plant, given to someone you love (particularly someone who has trouble sleeping to show that you care about their well being), can be turned into tea, can be used in potions

ᓚᘏᗢ

She took one flower from the vase and rose it to his face. He lifted his mask half way and took the flower from her hand, slightly brushing her fingers as he did so. After doing as she asked, he placed the flower back into the vase. "It smells weirdly comforting... I can see why you like them." He lowered his mask. Since it was night, Y/N couldn't see any part of his face when he lifted his mask which made her curiosity grow. She adjusted her hood In nervousness."Well, I should get back to work. Have a good night." He dismissed himself with a light grasp of her hand as he bowed forward.

Y/N couldn't explain it but he caught her attention unlike anyone she had ever met, even more than Willow and Gus. She smiled to herself and continued viewing the flowers. "Y/N! Welcome back! How are you doing?" Ms. Florence made her way over to greet her. "I'm doing great! Just browsing for today. Everything looks wonderful as always!" "I'm glad! Here' a bouquet of Somniferous Amare! I think you may have a secret admirer." She teased, handing the flowers to Y/N. "But who-" "Some boy in white and gold. Never got his name. All he said was give these to you."

Y/N blushed to herself and began looking around for him, secretly hoping he was nearby. However, he was nowhere to be found. She wanted to thank him for the flowers but how could she thank someone who is practically invisible and somewhat unrecognizable? She thanked Ms. Florence, placed the flowers in her satchel and made her way out of the market.

ᓚᘏᗢ

It was a calm night but out of nowhere, a gust of wind began to pick up. Y/N tried her best to leave as fast as possible before someone saw her without her hood. Woosh! Her hood blew down, cascading over her shoulders. Her h/c h/l hair blew behind her in the wind. This feeling was usually relaxing for her but in this instance, it was nerve wracking. "Hey! Look over there! It's a mage!" Y/N turned around to see a mob had formed. As you have probably guessed, Mage's aren't that well liked in the Boiling Isles by most. The first thing she thought of was to run. Of course, the mob began to chase her. "Stop her! She's not one of us! Stop that monstrosity!"

She continued to run through the maze of alleyways to avoid the group of witches attempting to capture her. Y/N was a witch. Of course, she was! She grew up in the Boiling Isles and could use magic. However, she wasn't just any witch. She was known as a Mage. Unlike witches, a specific species of magic users, mages were descendants of humans who had traveled from the human realm to the demon realm through the unknown and had evolved to appear almost identical to witches, even evolving to have their own bile sacks. For many historians, this was still a mystery as to how this had occurred, but for mages like Y/N, nothing mattered except getting the hell away from danger.

She hit a dead end and turned around to face the mob, ready to attack her at any moment. She tripped on herself and fell down to the ground and out of instinct, lifted her arms to protect her face. Suddenly, she heard a metallic clicking sound. She slowly lowered her guard when she saw the boy standing in front of her with a defensive stance. Was he protecting her? "The Night Market is a NO VIOLENCE zone. Leave immediately or every single one of you will be placed under arrest under Emperor Belos." The mob's face turned from enraged to fearful in under a second and they dispersed.

ᓚᘏᗢ

Y/N backed up in hesitation. She didn't know the boy's intentions. After all, they did just meet. "Are you hurt?" He asked, concern laced in his voice. "Y-yeah. Thank you. And uh- thank you for the flowers." Y/N said, lifting herself off the ground. "As a mage, you should do better to hide your identity." The fact that he wasn't phased by her was quite comforting for her. "Yeah... I definitely should. I'm Y/N by the way." "I'm the Golden Guard." She was taken aback at hearing his formal title rather than his name but it was a start. Y/N took P/N out of her bag and she transformed into a staff for Y/N to fly home. The Golden Guard nodded and began to walk off.

"W-wait!" She called out. He turned around and met her face to face. They stood like that for what felt like a few minutes before she reached into her satchel to pull out a few of the Somniferous Amare. "I wanted to give you some. If you're working for the Emperor's Coven, you definitely need some sleep aide. She drew a m/c circle in the air to put magical frost over the flowers, preserving them. "What's that?" "Frozen Shoals trick. All mages know winter magic. This will keep the flowers fresh forever." He took the flowers from her and put them in his pocket. "Thank you. Get home safely." He ran out of the alleyway.

Y/N was a bit disappointed that he didn't show more of his personality... however, she hoped that they'd run into each other again.

(1317 Words (oˆ▿ˆ)o✏️)