~Chapter II|Part I~

A/N: I've never drawn people before, but I wanted to do Y/N and Hunter. Does it look okay?

P.S. Those hands gave me an aneurysm. How do people draw those without having a heart attack???

Y/N, with her goodies from The Night Market, flew back to the Owl House with p/n." HOOT! Y/N~! How are you?" Y/N, almost falling over, turned around behind her towards Hooty as he eagerly waited for her response." Hey, Hooty! I'm doing alright. Just came back from The Night Market with our things. I got you a geode rat!" She took out a sparkling ruby-colored mouse entirely made of stone; regardless of appearance, it was very much alive. "Ooo~! Yummy~! These are my favorites! You're the best, Y/N!" Y/N wrapped her arms around Hooty's neck (...?) in an embrace. She leaned next to the side of his face and whispered, "I have more for you if you want some later." Hooty went back into the door and opened it up for her.

She tossed her bag to lean against the couch and looked around; no one was in the living room, nor did anyone clean. P/n transformed into her palisman form, hopped onto the sofa, and curled up on Eda's pillow. She wasn't usually allowed, but Y/N always let her when Eda wasn't around. She placed Eda's Beetle Juice on the kitchen countertop and began to head upstairs, p/n following her from behind. She stopped mid-walk up the stairs and dragged her palms against her face. "I forgot to get King's vitamins... he needs those, so he gets enough keratin for his skull. It completely slipped my mind! Come on, p/n. We'll be quick."

ᓚᘏᗢ

He admired the delicate flower, twirling it back and forth, taking occasional sniffs of the Somniferous Amare. He admired the impenetrable frost that blanketed the flower. 'She must be a very powerful witch if she can do magic THIS advanced... but I don't think she's a witch, at least, not like everyone else. Her ears... they're-' His thoughts were interrupted by a knock outside his dorm room door. "Golden Guard, s-sorry to bother you, sir, but... Belos wants you to continue surveying the perimeter of The Night Market." the scout stated plainly. The Golden Guard heaved a sigh before he gathered his armor.

He sometimes found his role as "right-hand-man of Emperor Belos" quite tedious. Even if he was treated with the utmost respect from not only the EMperor's coven but the citizens of the Boiling Isles, it sometimes led him to wonder why he did what he did. For honor? For the emperor? For self-respect? He wanted to know what his objective in the coven was. The only clear thing was that he didn't have a say in the matter.

ᓚᘏᗢ

Y/N made her way back to the rows of shops and promptly made her way to the pharmacy. With King's vitamins now safely tucked away in her satchel, she took another opportunity to look at the flower cart. "Y/N! Back so soon? That boy already got you a bouquet. What more do you want?" Ms. Florence teased. Y/N began to twirl a lock of hair around her pointer finger in embarrassment. "I forgot something and thought I might as well come back and browse, eheh..." Once again, she felt a presence from behind. "You're back." She whipped around and was met face-to-face with the Golden Guard. "O-oh! It's you! That reminds me... I wanted to thank you for the flowers. I appreciate it." She had a slight rosy tint appear on her face. "Well, you said they're your favorite, right? Might as well."

Y/N's face shifted into a sour pout. "Oh..." Y/N, the weirdo in class who likes to combine magic rather than stick to one field, was excited to have someone get her flowers. "I-I thought that- never mind." Y/N let out a "hmph!" before bidding Ms. Florence farewell. The Golden Guard was confused at her sudden change in behavior. Did he offend her? If so, he needed to change a wrong into a right.

ᓚᘏᗢ

He looked all over the market for her, but she was long gone. Suddenly, a faint strumming sound caught his attention. It was alluring and made him feel content and warm throughout his body. After walking up a few flights of stairs, the music led him to a stone courtyard with plants and seating surrounding a beautiful golden fountain. There, with her back facing him, was Y/N humming to herself whilst strumming her mandolin (listen to ffxiii-2 memories covered by John Oeth). He didn't make his presence known and quietly went to conceal himself in a nearby bush.

As she played, the same beautiful orbs of various colors appeared in the air, floating above her like freshly blown bubbles. Meanwhile, The Golden Guard was in awe, looking at the rainbow spheres that had made their way overhead after a small gust of wind guided them. With an airy exhale, he let out an "Incredible.", catching the attention of Y/N. "W-what are you doing here?" She was embarrassed to find out that he had been listening. "You are a talented witch. How did you-" "I'm not a witch." His ears perked up in confusion. She sighed and slipped on her mandolin's strap. "I'm a mage. Not a witch. My ears give it away."

Without thinking, he reached over to touch her ears. "Ouch!" "What?" "Your gloves are so rough!" "Oh. Sorry." He apologized and slipped his hand out of his glove to continue examining her. She felt extremely uncomfortable as he began feeling the tips of her ears; just as she claimed, he concluded that the tips of her ears were too rounded to be a witch but not round enough to be a human. "You really aren't a witch... but if that's the case. What's a mage doing here instead of the Frozen Shoals?" She began to fiddle with her hands anxiously. "I don't want to tell you." "Are you disobeying the second in command of the Emperor's coven?" "Geez, that's a mouthful." She rolled her eyes in annoyance at his power-hungry nature and began walking past him. "H-hey! Get back here! I didn't dismiss you yet-!" The Golden Guard, heading toward Y/N, missed his footing and began his descent to the cold stone ground.