3- Pencil Erasers

TW: Infections/descriptions of open wounds, Cannibalism, suffocation, death, murder, su!c!de, insanity

A/N:
Alrighty! This chapter is where it starts to go off the rails from the script of BFB! Challanges start to be different and eliminations after this chapter will be different as well, and will be cast by BFB contestants! Hope you enjoy! And I'm sorry this took such a long time, I sort of forgot this existed-

————————————————————

Tree sat. Well rested, well liked, and well fed.

He hummed a quiet song, waiting for the rest of his team to return from their tasks. Four and X had established them after.... Bottle died. Teams would be split into groups between challenges.

Four people from each team would gather anything that can be used as food and will put it in a pile for all contestants to share. Those things being leaves, sticks, grass, past contestants... they will also look for water sources as well.

Three from each team will figure out what this place is and it's limits.

And one person will stay behind and keep watch, maybe try and form connections within the game.

Since Tree was most injured, he stayed behind. He was in the right spot mentally, but physically... his scratch on his side from bottle's glass was becoming infected and bruised.

The stinging sensation of rubbing against a cut radiated through him as someone brushed against him. He winced.

"Oh! I'm so sorry..." A horse voice exclaimed, causing tree to look up.

Loser.

"Oh. Hey!" Tree laughs, shaking off the stinging sensation. "Loser! Hello!"

"Tree... I can see you're in pain..." Loser sits next to tree, making tree raise an eyebrow. Why was Loser talking to him of all people? "I... guess I just wanted to have a talk?"

"Oh? Why me though?" Tree asks, ignoring his pain.

"Well... I kind of wanted a break from my team?" Loser shrugs. "Sure, attention is good and all... but sometimes it's..." He glances at cake. "...a bit much."

Tree laughs heartily. "I guess I know what you mean. I feel like I'm always the one getting everyone on track..."

Loser smiles. "I feel... similarly. My team seems to only like ideas I have... I like giving ideas, sure, but I want others to share theirs to... You know?"

Tree's eyes widen. "Yeah..." He mumbles. His voice with a hint of clarity. "Yeah...!" He smiles. "You know what, Loser? Maybe I can help you?"

Tree immediately shakes his head. "Oh, Nevermind!" He laughs nervously. "It's only if you want-"

"You... really think you can?" Loser asks tree. He looks towards the cube, the cube's eyes looking at him with determination.

Tree smiles back. "Sure, let's go."

Tree begins to stand when loser puts a hand on him, gently pushing him back down. "And tree?" Loser raises an eyebrow before smiling. "I want you to know, this isn't about the game."

Tree looks directly at loser. Loser takes his hands. "This is about...?" Tree asks.

"Friendship." They both admit in unison, surprised at how they were thinking the same.

They sit a minute in silence before loser speaks. "Let's go, like they say... two heads are better than one."

"Yeah." Tree smiles back.