1

3rd person

The first gigantomachy had just finished and the guardians in training had just returned victorious and received their rewards. Katelyn had asked for a giant war hammer, Emalyn a new spear, phoenix a helmet, Shane an imperial gold set of daggers, Chrystal a battle ax, David a bow. Zak had requested a sword and Leo a ki pole, Jason a new breastplate, hazel a shield, Dan a set of vambraces and Ryzen a new bag that can hold anything. But Perseus Jackson had clearly requested that Lady Hestia and Hades have their thrones in the council of olympians, returned.

As soon as he had uttered his request 2 new thrones appeared in their respective places. One was carefully crafted out of wood and was coated in a layer of greek fire, the throne being undamaged from the heat. The other was a tall obsidian throne with gargoyles in the armrest and a skull atop the backboard and scenes of death adorning the back and sides.

Percy POV

Once the thrones finished forming stood up to leave but was stopped by a flash of mousy brown slammed into my chest but stood strong and looked down seeing a young 8 year old girl with her head on my chest, her arms wrapped around me.I Returned the embrace like she was a long lost friend and not an olympian. she stepped back smiling and looked up into my face, her eyes filled with cozy warm flames.

"Thank you perseus" was her only comment.

"It was the least I could do for you milady"came my response.

"I have an offer if you would like to take it."she said shyly "Perseus Jackson. Will you be my first champion?"

"I would be honored milady."I responded shocked and kneeled before the goddess and she blasted me with a stream of warm orange.

"Now you can travel in flame,summon flame, heal wounds and summon food directly from the hearth.Today I adopt One Perseus Jackson. '' she said and a smile graced my lips.I rose and received another hug from Hestia and she left and rejoined the olympians.

I bowed to the king of gods and prepared to leave but was stopped by a flash.Now you might be thinking "it's just another god",but this wasn't. chaos,my mentor and the creator of the guardians was here.

I bowed immediately and was told by the creator to rise.

"Today is the day when the gods receive their guardians. The rules are that no one can pick their own progeny but the descendant of another."The effect was immediate and all the gods began nodding profusely.

"The first god to choose is Hephaestus."

"I choose katelyn to be my guardian."

"next is Athena"

"I choose Emalyn"

"Next is Dionisus"

"I choose Shane"

"Aphrodite"

"I choose Christal"

"Apollo"

"I choose David"

"Zeus"

"I choose Zak"

"Poseidon"

"I choose Leo"

"Hades"

"I choose Jason"

"Ares"

"I choose Hazel"

"Hermes"

"I chose Dan"

"Hestia"

"I choose Phoenix"

"Hera"

"I choose Ryzen"

"Finally Artemis"

"There is only a male left.Can't I have a maiden as my guardian?

"He is the strongest of all the guardians and once a guardian is chosen, they bond with their charge for life. He is the only guardian left and I order you to accept him."

The goddess flashed out of the room as soon as chaos completed his sentence.He sighed

"I guess I'll have to give you the blessing of Artemis' guardian then"my mentor complained, flooding me in a beam of silver light.As chaos did so to me everyone else received blessings from their new charges, blessings gaining powers linked to the gods they protected.I felt stronger.like I could run a marathon and do it again and win every time.Suddenly chaos summoned an ax and swung it at me and quickly uncapped my sword and I rose it to block, but his blade never met mine his ax bouncing of a silver shield which hovered in front of me.He smiled pleased with his work and flashed away without another trace.

I asked where the hunt was camping out from the lord of the sky, bid farewell to my father, Posiedon and my mother,Hestia and fire traveled to the camp fire in Tongass forest Alaska. As soon as I arrived a large group of about 50 girls stood aiming arrows in my direction threatening to shoot if I made a move.

"Why are you here male."came a voice that put so much contempt into the last word.

"I am the guardian of the hunt and I am forever connected with Lady Artemis" I declared much to their disgust. I took a step forwards and a volley of arrows were released only for the silver shield to appear once again and the projectiles fell to the floor.

Third person POV

They gasped in shock.No one had ever been able to stop their arrows without moving a muscle before. "This male must surely be powerful" they thought. If he stopped the arrows which even ares and the other god of archery couldn't avoid then he must be one of the most powerful people in existence...And he was.