2

8 years ago

Percy POV

I had just arrived in the guardian camp and I worried that i wouldn't fit in.that i wasn't good enough.I looked to my left at the guide that was showing me around camp.she was one year younger than me with black hair flowing down her back and a  black stygian iron hammer strapped concealed behind her hair.she led me towards an arena from which i heard the clashing of swords and the sight that met my eyes was that of  2 cloaked people fighting, both as skilled as the other.the one in a navy blue cloak charged forwards hoping to finish the other but failed to notice him fade into  the shadows and appear behind him with a sword at his throat.the black robed figure stood up and his hood slipped off.he had black hair pale skin and red eyes which ruined the idea of him being the child of Hades. Maybe Nyx or Tartarus sired him.I stalked up to him.he was around my age with scars on  his arm. i had a feeling i would get along with him.

"Phoenix.you can look after Percy now. i'm done with baby sitting."katelyn stated.

"i'm older than you" i replied in monotone.

Phoenix laughed.

Ok percy, do you want to spar? lets see how good you are with a sword."

I had just strapped on my Greek armour over my black jeans and blue jumper when I saw a 3 foot xiphos swing towards me.I quickly held up a Katana to defend myself feeling the balance.It felt perfect in my hand and wished it was mine.I quickly dashed forwards swinging my new sword towards Phoenix's neck confident that he could easily block the blow but saw him struggle, awed at the strength and speed behind my two handed swing.He quickly stepped back putting his hand up to pause the battle and I Lowered my sword confused.

"You shouldn't have had to do that that easily." he told me sending me a grin."No one has ever wielded that blade successfully against me before. You must be special."he said smirking.

"Can i keep it or try the other swords?"I asked eagerly.

"Sure" came my response and I rushed over to the table of weapons.

There was a xiphos, dagger, broad sword, long sword, short sword, Cutlas, Khopesh, Gladius, Chinese war sword, scimitar, rapier, hook sword, Odachi sword and Zhanmadao but none of them felt balanced in my hands. Until the double bladed greatsword.

I spun it and it felt perfect. 

The beautifully crafted blade had a black leather wrapped handle supporting a blade on either side.Each was a mix of stygian iron, celestial bronze, imperial gold and ethereal silver fuzed together.

Phoenix then led me to the archery arena where there were tables of bows laid out.

I immediately went to pick up a stygian ice and coral bow which was black with blue wave designs on it with a black leather grip.

As i lifted the bow a coral quiver appeared on my back with australian buloak arrows with a mix of ethereal silver, celestial bronze, olympic iron, imperial gold, stygian iron and drakon tooth arrow heads and wings of The Philippine Eagle.

A spear also appeared strapped to my back made of the same mixture of godly materials. 

╚══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╝

A few days later

I was in the middle of a spar with my Guardian partner, Phoenix.We had just finished doing drills pretending one another was their appointed god or goddess.I shot 3 arrows at Phoenix's head and while he was busy deflecting  them away from himself I opened my sword from its pen form, katana in one hand, my double sided sword in another gauntleted fist.I spun towards him and ended the duel by placing the double sided sword at the back of his neck and the Katana resting on his Adams apple.I had defeated the Most powerful guardian at the peak of his power cycle. I was at the top of the 'food chain'.

●❯────────「⊙」────────❮●

Hey guys would you like me to keep the cover the same or change it to this    https://express.adobe.com/post/e5IOT5nbJaak0/

please share my story

stay safe

prawn