Chapter 3

I took a bath and wore an outfit for the day. Black tie strap top, light-washed boyfriend jeans, and my black ankle boots. My makeup is only light, consisting of a pressed powder and a lip and cheek tint. I got my bag, and I went down the condo lobby to wait for my misua.

I never sent a message to Daniel anymore. Kung siya nga nakakaya niya, kakayanin ko rin.

I think I'm just waiting for him to end us, because it's always been me who initiates a break up. Puro ayoko na or pagod na ako ang convo namin, at puro ako nag-sesend. Tangahan ko pa, diba?

It took Misha 10 minutes after I went down to the lobby to arrive to pick me up. I immediately went to the passenger seat, and she drove off to the mall.

"You always want to eat out in buffets whenever you're upset. So, what's up?"

I looked at her as she also glanced at me from time to time since she's driving, waiting for my answer.

"Gusto ko muna buffet bago dumaldal." Sinandal ko na yung siko ko sa salamin at tiningnan ang mga establisyemento at mga taong naglalakad sa labas. Hindi na siya nagsalita pero alam kong inirapan niya ako sa sagot ko.

Nakarating na kami sa mall, at pinuntahan ang buffet na lagi namin kinakainan 'pag nagkakayayaan.

"I'll proceed to find a table for us, while you hanap na muna ng food for you. I'll wait for you at our table, hanapin mo na lang ako." Misha left to find a table for us, and I proceeded to the Asian food section.

I got myself a large portion of sisig because I crave for it. Along with Vigan longganisa, gyoza, soy chicken, and chow mein rice. I went to the European food section and got myself carbonara, chicken pesto pasta, and three slices of pepperoni pizza. I then went over to the Mediterranean food section and got myself two sticks of kebabs, and a shawarma platter. Kulang pa ata 'to.

Naisip kong matagal na akong kuha nang kuha ng pagkain at naiinip na si Misua, babalik na lang ako mamaya kapag naubos na pagkain ko. I saw Misha with a bored and hungry look as I neared our table. Nakita niya ako at tiningnan ang dala kong mga pinggan.

"Will that be enough for you? I can get the whole food counter for you if you want." She said softly, but in a mocking way. I glared at her to shut her up, and I sat on the chair not minding her anymore.

I looked at my surroundings as I waited for Misha to return with her food. I saw a boy feeding the girl beside him. Kitang kita ko ang pag-abang nung babae na subuan siya pero nung malapit na ang kutsara, nag u-turn ang kamay ng lalaki. Sinamaan ng tingin ng babae ang lalaki kasi tumatawa. I laughed too, lalo na ng sinampal ng babae ng isang pita bread ang lalaki making the guy look at her in shock. Ayon, deserve.

"What are you laughing at?" Hindi ko na naramdaman ang pagbabalik ni Misha dahil masyado na akong natuwa sa nakita.

"Wala. Nakakita lang naman ako ng tao na sinampal ng pita bread." I bursted into laughter because of how ridiculous it sounds. She looked at me like I'm insane.

"Okay, show's over, Crim. I know something's up. Si Daniel na naman ba? Ano? He forgot he got a girlfriend again?"

Bumuntong hininga ako as I looked at her before I narrated my sad love story to her. Sa sarap ng usapan, at sa mga lait at kritisismo na nakuha ko sa kanya, hindi ko na namalayan na ubos na pagkain ko. Nakakatamad nang tumayo.

"It's not that new for him to have more gala with his friends than you. Ilang beses ka na namin sinasabihan diba? Why are you still not listening? You look like a fool na. I give advice, but the advice lalabas lang sa ears mo without even absorbing them." Naglitanya na nga ang misua.

"Ilang beses ko na rin sinasabi sa inyo na nasasayangan ako sa pinagsamahan namin. We had a good start."

"And he doesn't deserve an ending from you." Natahimik ako sa sinabi niya. Hindi nga ba deserve ni Daniel ang ending na kasama ako? Baka nga.

I sighed. Maybe it's time to cut ties with him and his hoard of girlfriends.

"Wake up, Crimson Samara. He's making you an option. I bet you're not even a part of his priorities. It may hurt but a cruel truth is better than a reassuring lie." She added. What a salt to the wound.

We continued our talk, the wakeup call as Misha said, but someone went to our table that made our conversation stop.

"Crimson? Mildred? Hala, kayo nga!"

Our eyes widened as we recognized someone familiar and close to us.

"Ma'am Amelia!"

We said in unison and got up from our seat to hug her.

"Hala, ang gaganda pa rin talaga? Parang kailan lang nasa loob pa kayo ng isang classroom at laging magkatabi!"

Miss Amelia Alcaraz is one of our college professors. She was our professor in one of our minor subjects during our sophomore year.

"Kayo rin, Ma'am! Iba rin glow niyo ngayon. Buntis po ba kayo?" I joked but Misha looked at me with wide eyes that told me to shut up. We heard Ma'am Amelia's laugh at my remark, and we turned our heads to her.

"Hindi ba halata, Crimson? I am four months pregnant." Our lips parted and our eyes widened at that.

Ma'am Amelia, during our college days, shared to us one time that she's having a hard time conceiving a child. Her husband blamed her for it and called her names because she was lacking. But now, I guess it has changed.

"Alam ko na kung bakit kayo gulat dyan. Pwede ba muna tayo maupo sa table niyo at magkumustahan?" Ma'am Amelia added. We let her sit in front of us. Misha decided to sit beside me to give space to our former professor.

|🌙|