Chapter 30

We stayed in silence while we cuddled under the blanket. We were looking at one another. It was more like he was staring at me as his hand drew circles on my back and his other hand was caressing my hair from the back. It all felt peaceful.

"Now...Tell me what's bothering you. I want to hear your thoughts, mahal." He said, breaking the silent atmosphere.

I looked at him and sighed. It was hard to bare your soul to someone else, but it's him, so I'm trying to chase my fear away. Walang kaba kaba dahil alam ko naman makikinig sa akin ito.

Akalain mo 'yon, may makikinig pala sa akin. May handa palang tumigil saglit sa ginagawa para makinig lang sa akin at maintindihan ako.

He's lucky to be with me, but I am luckier to be with him.

"Natatakot lang ako..." I started.

"Na?" He urged me to continue. We stared at each other as he waited for me to continue talking.

"What if you realized that I'm not the one for you but it's too late because you are already married to me?" I whispered the last part.

He looked at me and smiled softly while continuing to caress my hair from the back. His other hand is now on my cheek, pinching and poking it. I frowned at him and he chuckled.

"I can't stop you from overthinking because it's out of my control but I will exhaust myself helping you in diminishing those thoughts away. Your what ifs are only theoretical, mahal. Those were not facts. I came into your life with the fact of growing old with you, not the idea of making you someone temporary."

My heart was beating wildly again as I felt myself getting assured by him. But, I want more. Reassurance is so addicting when it comes to the right person.

"I entered your life prepared to accept all the components that make you who you are. The way you handle and carry yourself is amazing. I can't help but be more enthralled by you. But the way you show weaknesses makes me want to carry you right now and exchange our vows at the altar." He chuckled. I smiled as a tear escaped from my eye.

"I am nowhere near your exes, mahal. Sana alam mo 'yon. Insulto sa akin kapag nakumpara sa mga gagong 'yon." He said and looked at me as if trying to warn me. Suminghap ako at tumawa sa kanya. Tumango ako at yinakap siya nang mas mahigpit.

"The future is uncertain, mahal. But, my love for you is the only certain thing in this life. Maybe, in the next life too. Ikaw lang." He smiled and kissed my nose. I giggled at that. He sighed and hugged me even tighter and pulled me more to him. My face was squished to his chest and his chin was resting on top of my head. Pinatong na nga niya ang isang hita niya sa baywang ko sa ilalim ng kumot. Sobrang higpit na ng yakap niya na halos dalhin na niya ako sa ibabaw niya.

"Mahal na mahal kita na unang kita ko palang sayo, ikaw na nakikita kong naglalakad papuntang altar. Tapos nakilala kita at nalapitan, nakita ko na agad ang nanay ng mga anak ko." Tumawa siya at binatukan ko na lang siya dahil hindi makapagsalita. Ayoko na rin magsalita dahil ang sarap na makinig na lang!

"Ikaw ang gusto ko sa una. Ikaw ang kailangan kong makasama sa gitna. At, ikaw ang mamahalin ko hanggang dulo. Wala nang iba, mahal. Sayong sayo ako. At, sana akin ka lang. Handa akong ipagdamot ka sa lahat."

"I'm always yours, Valentin."

He smiled and lowered his head to kiss me on my lips. I smiled and kissed him back. He moved his lips on mine and I copied him. It always felt amazing kissing him. Sa cheeks pa nga lang nanghihina na ako, paano pa kaya ngayon sa labi na?! Halos mapunta na ako sa langit! Pero paano kapag–

No! Don't go there, Crim!

Tumigil na kami sa halik para huminga. Tiningnan namin ang isa't isa at ngumiti. He kissed me on my forehead before resting his chin on top of my head again.