Chapter 4

The next day, Feliciano woke up in his bed, happily dazed from the night before. Counting the days on his fingers, his mood suddenly lowered. Today was the day the Ludwig was going back to Germany. He sighed, wishing that they had had more than just a few days to fall in love before being taken from each other. He got dressed in a simple outfit, though it still was woven with silvers and golds and had their insignia emblazoned on his jacket.

He walked downstairs, a bit surprised by his grandfathers booming voice. Though it surprised him more to hear him sounding irritated. "Ah, Feliciano. I'm glad you're here." "What going o-..." He rushed downstairs when he saw Ludwig, his older brother and the King, their grandfather, standing before them. Not afraid for a moment about showing his affection, he ran into Ludwig's arms, spinning them lightly. "Why're you here, don't you have to go?" "I have a proposition." Ludwig said a bit louder so everyone could here. "In order to make peace between our two lands, I propose a marriage between myself and Prince Feliciano of Northern Italy." Feliciano's eye bulged at him saying that, smiling widely. "You want to marry me?" He asked with a smile. Ludwig smiled gently back down at him. "Of course." Roma thought for a moment. "I won't allow it." He said. "Wha.... Grandpa why?" He asked, tying to hold back his emotions from spilling. "Germany has never been anything but an enemy to us. To believe that our lands could live in peace without conflict is something a fool would believe." Feliciano swore he heard his heart crack in his chest, making him ache. "But I love him!" "Love comes after politics." "It wasn't that way with you and grandma!" "You hush now!" He bellowed angrily. Feliciano winced back and began to cry, taking Ludwig's hand and running outside to the garden they had shared so many wonderful memories together. Roma was about to order guards after him, until Lovino spoke up. "If I may interject, if you won't allow him to marry the person he loves, I would believe that it is only fair to let them say their goodbyes."

Ludwig pulled back a bit, Feliciano falling to the ground and sobbing. "Ludwig.." He said softly, jumping up and into his arms, crying into his chest. "They can't tell us how to feel! W-We should be able to get married if we're in love!" He sniffled. Ludwig's heart ached at the mere sight of Feliciano in tatters. He held him close and rubbed his back. "It's not fair..." Feliciano said quietly. "It isn't fair." Ludwig agreed. "But sometimes things aren't." He pushed him away lightly so he could look at him in the eyes. "Feliciano, no matter what anyone does to me, I can never forget you."

After a few minutes of kissing and holding each other, Ludwig spoke, softly. "I have to go. My grandfather with get angry." Feliciano looked up at him, begging him with just his eyes. "Please don't leave! What'll I do without you?!" He asked hysterically. Making sure no one else was around, he spoke reassuringly to him. "Wait for me. I will find a way to come back, I promise you." He kissed him once more, filled with all the passion and longing in the world. "Goodbye Feliciano. I love you." He said, pulling away and hurrying off, his dark green cape fluttering behind him as he faded from his vision.

Feliciano was alone. He fell to his knees, sobbing into his hands. How long would he have to wait? Would he return? What would happen? He asked himself a million questions, though they were smudged in his storm of tears.

(A/N: Ughhhh I'm sorry for all the angst all of a sudden! But don't worry! The next chapter (last) will be half angst and half fluff amazingness so don't worry!)