Desirae

Dear Desirae,
I am here at Windsor. I just escaped being shot at by people I don't know who. All I know is that Stefan, my husband wasn't a big businessman like he is now. He seemed to have ran with the worst kind of men. Someone out to kill him. Marrying him made me a target. I need really marry with a choice. It isn't love. But, I did it out of love for my family. They aren't in anymore debt with him. They are free from him and I can't be. No matter where I go. Even if I leave him, I will also have a target on my back apparently. The guy after him doesn't seem to care that I am not his wife even if we separate. I just want you to know that I hate this. I hate him.
I want to go back to my family, my friends. The life before Stefan. The life where I was happy. The life where I don't have to worry about the bad stuff like running away from people that are dangerous. The life of comfort I had seems to no longer exist. The life I could be happy in. Stefan brought nothing but, sadness since the beginning. He cheated on the day we got married. He was worse and no doubt toxic when he behaved very possessive in front of other men. He was a liar. He still maybe one. He has done nothing but, lie to me. I don't trust him fully. I don't think I should let my guard down ever. We are in a safehouse. A place where I won't be held at gunpoint.
In all this mess, I think Stefan cares about me. The fact that I could have died. He seems so cold, hurtful otherwise; I don't know what seems to have changed. I don't think I want to get close. Getting close means really finding out the truth about who he is as a person. Getting close means caring from my side too. The last time I did I got hurt. I can't let a person like him come close to me. But, I need to get out of this sooner. The sooner the better. Unfortunately, for me that means that I have to get close. Get him to trust me enough to tell me the truth. The truth as to why we mustn't go to the police. Why they can't help us. Stefan saved my life. I trust him to do it again. But, it is mixed feelings. Maybe if he goes to them now they could arrest him before they ever go after the guy that is after Stefan. All I need to is, find out the truth.
What I want you to know. That I was weak before and that changes. I won't back down. I am a powerful boss bitch. I am smart and I own a very successful company. I am a successful woman. I will let no man try to get away with lies and deceit. I will fight. I will find the truth I will dig a way for myself to get out. I can do this.