Chapter 2

Percy's POV

I was walking in a park with Annabeth when I heard a terrified scream.

We rushed towards where the scream was coming from. 5 hellhounds were closing in on a girl.

I immediately uncapped riptide and a metre of deadly celestial bronze burst from the tip. Annabeth and I began slashing and stabbing at the hellhounds. Before long, the golden dust was being blown away by the wind.

"What the f-" The girl started, but she cut herself off. "Wait, who are you and what were those things?" She backed away from me cautiously.

"Those were hellhounds, Greek monsters. I'm Annabeth and this is Percy. What's your name?" Annabeth asked.

"I-I'm Ashley. Wait but like, isn't Greek mythology like, a myth?"

"No, the Greek gods are real. Greek monsters are real. Both are really annoying." Thunder rumbled. I ignored it. "I'm Percy Jackson, Son of Poseidon, Two time saver of Olympus blah, blah."

"I'm Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena. Wait, actually lets go. It isn't safe here. I'll explain at camp." She gestured at Ashley and me to follow her.

"But, I don't even know what you're talking about. My mom doesn't know where I'm going. Heck, I don't even know where I'm going." Ashley protested.

"I swear we'll explain everything." I promised, "About you mom, don't worry, we'll let her know."

Ashley frowned, but followed me and Annabeth to my car that was parked nearby.

~time skip sponsored by Kronos~

At Camp Half Blood

Ashley's POV

"Woah." That was the only word I could think of when I walked into camp. The place itself was huge. Kids were everywhere. Some were fighting in the arena, some were hanging outside the cabins. There were people on the fields practicing archery, there was even a lava wall where campers were climbing on.

Just then, one of the campers slipped and fell off the wall mid-climb. A few camper rushed to help him and put something that looked a lot like a lemon square into his mouth, and carried him away. I flinched, but no one else seemed bothered, like this was a normal occurrence.

I turned to face Percy and Annabeth who were now standing next to a guy who was part...donkey?Horse? Honestly, I wasn't even surprised anymore

"You said you would explain. Explain." I demanded

"Welcome to Camp Half Blood, a place for demigods. I am Chiron, the activities director."

"Uh, your part donkey." I said like an idiot.

Chiron sighed and said, "Part horse. I am a centaur."

"Oh"

"Anyways," Annabeth interrupted, "Ashley the Greek gods are real, and sometimes they would have kids with mortals. So Camp Half Blood is a place where Demigods train to fight. Ok actually the roman, Egyptian and Norse gods are real too but that's a story for another time."

"Uh, ok? Wait so my dad is a Greek god? Wow." I said, still confused.

By now, there were many campers gathering around to see who the new camper was. Annabeth and Percy were still looking at me all weird.

Percy cleared his throat and asked, "Ashley, how old are you? Because you don't look thirteen."

"I'm 15. Why?"

"Because after I defeated Kronos in the war, I made the gods promise to claim their kids by the time they turn 13. Also, I'm surprised no monsters have attacked you until now." Percy replied.

Well that was great, I'm not even important enough for a freaking god to remember that I'm their FREAKING CHILD. Or important enough for monsters to think I'm worth attacking. Well that just summed up my entire being and existence.

"Oh" was my amazing response.

"Anyway, in the mean time, you'll be staying in the Hermes cabin." Annabeth said and led me to the Hermes cabin before rushing off to attend to something else.

I had this strange feeling of emptiness and I had a hunch it wasn't just because I was missing my old life.

When the head counsellor of the Hermes cabin, Connor Stoll, showed me to my bunk. I just nodded and thanked him.

Afterwards, I just lay there sobbing quietly, feeling like I didn't belong.

-----------------------------------

A/N

so, hey. as you can tell, i am veryyyy lazy. this is the second chapter after like 2 months. hope u liked it! ok byee

-caitlynx3000