Bearz-a-Bub

A woman, Raúls mother, cooked at her stove as (Y/n), who lived there, and Raúl attempted to leave without being spotted but failed.

"Really, Raúl, your art project, now?" She asked. "It's the final part of the mural, Mami." Raúl states.

"We'll be right back!" (Y/n) smiled before Raúl and her slipped out the door.

Raúls mother's phone then rang, the woman picking it up off the counter.

"Hi, Irwin. Que pasa?" She greeted the man. 

"What do you mean, 'alleviate the situation?'" She asked the man. "But I am your top-earning paralegal." She argued.

"My success rate is higher than anyone on staff." She states, slamming the spoon on the counter.

"But you know that I'm fighting to keep my house, right?" She asked. "What am I supposed to do now? I have a son to feed."

She then got angry as her co-worker called her son, her daughter.

"No! A son, remember?" She snapped. "Yes. I'm still investigating the fire." She stated, the brewery fire and its notes all over her wall.

"Look, Win, those workers were my friends," she said. "My neighbors. I–I know the Klaxons are dangerous." She continued.

"But if I can link them to the fire, we can stop the prison for good." She stated. 

"All I need is an eye wit–" she was cut off by Irwin. "Oh, so that's it? We're done?" She asked.

"Don't you dare hang up on me!" She exclaimed before sighing when the man still hung up. 

"Coward!" She muttered, falling silent before falling into her chair.

She sadly stared at the photo of her son on her phone before she called the town council.

Raúl and (Y/n) stood on the roof, (Y/n) having a boombox as Raúl fired up his blow torch.

(Y/n) pressed the play button on the boombox, starting it up as Raúl began melting the snow on the roof.

"The star-spangled wolf comes side to side. This land was made for all. So hard to grasp the logic"

Raúl turned off the torch. "(Y/n), press it." He nodded to his friend, the girl excitedly pulling out the remote.

She got to press the button and finally see his art.

"Coming from its rabbit paw. You say this democracy believes in our equality."

She pressed it, watching as it triggered the machine in the tower at their school. The projector reflected Raúls project and onto the roof.

"You lied. The wolf and the lamb, the wolf and the lamb."

Raúl picked up his backpack, putting his mask on while tossing one to (Y/n) as she caught it and put it on.

"We are the lamb! The country runs right through us!"

Raúl started up the backpack, kneeling down to paint the project as (Y/n) stared down at it in awe.

"Living off the poor man's labor. Sucking all our spirits dry! We say this democracy is laced with their hypocrisy."

Raúl painted his mothers face onto the roof, adding all the color and detail until he finally finished. 

He looked down at it proudly as (Y/n) made sure not to step on any details or smudge it.