A Failed Deal

Everyone at the school was at the cemetery, after finding out Father Bests had died.

Students sobbed and cried, all except for (Name) and Kat, they didn't really know the man nor were close to him.

Kat looked around, noticing the moon was full.

"A full moon." She muttered, tonight was the night. She glanced back at the people there before picking up her backpack and sealing it shut.

Bearz-a-Bub was sticking out a bit.

The janitor clicked a button, triggering the coffin to lower into the ground as everyone got out of their seats and threw roses down.

Kat crossed her arms, sighing and waiting for it all to be over as Siobhan, Sweetie and Sloane cried while throwing down their flowers.

Raúl tossed his in before (Name) dully did the same with a small shrug.

They all looked up as they saw Kat standing in front of the picture of Bests, setting down her backpack at her feet.

Gabby goat jumped out of Siobhan's arms, running over and biting the backpack. Kat glared at the goat before grabbing her backpack.

She struggled with Gabby for a moment before finally being able to tear her backpack away from her.

She shook her head at the goat before tossing her backpack.

"kay-Kay, sometimes it's harder to let go when you've just met." Siobhan said, walking over with the others as she picked up her animal.

"No, it's not." Kat stated. "Father Bests saved your life." Sweetie said. "Maybe he was just trying to save the school." Kat shrugged.

"Kay-Kay, it's customary to cast one's carnation on the lowering coffin." Siobhan said, Sweetie grabbing a flower.

"Not Kay-Kay! Not my custom." Kat pointed but Sweetie just held the flower to her.

"Time to say goodbye, Kay-Kay." Siobhan ignored. "Fine." Kat snatched the flower from the shorter, throwing it down the hole.

"Goodbye!"

The three then hugged her, Kat groaning before they walked away to the departing bus.

"You two are comin' with me." Kat stated, grabbing (Name) and Raúls hand as they tried to walk past.

"What for?" Raúl asked. "Need some witnesses, and you guys are it." Kat bluntly stated.

"I'm kinda on probation, so, that's not gonna work." (Name) trailed off as Kat dragged them to hide from the bus. "Not for a crime." Kat said.

"Why didn't you lead with that?"

"Ugh! Why do those poodles keep bothering me?" Kat grumbled as the trio got closer to the mountain.

"They want you to be like them." Raúl stated before pulling a picture out of his pocket, it was of the three and him from before.

"They did the same thing when I got here before I shook them off." (Name) stated.

"How?" Kat asked. "I kinda...sorta blew up a chemical batch in Siobhan's face in chemistry." (Name) shrugged like it was nothing, getting a nod out of Kat.

"I'll keep that in mind."

Raúl then held out the photo, the two looking at it intrigued.

"Wow, you were a poodle too." Kat said. "I...I tried to be but..." Raúl shrugged, trailing off.

"You aren't nearly as annoying. You either." Kat told them both. "Did you just compliment us?" (Name) asked, smiling before Kat walked further.

"Don't get used to it."