chapter 8

3rd pov)

Todoroki frowned as he stood next to Bakugo. Both looked into a cold IC unit at the light and dark headed Wolf sisters. Angel had a breathing mask strapped to her face and several IV drips inserted into her arm. She had been in and out of consciousness for the last 12 hours. It has been a week since the USJ incident, and neither had fully regained consciousness yet. Ash remained fully unconscious since her brief whispers of gratitude towards Todoroki. The only movement seen from her was the rapid twitching of her eyes behind closed lids. "Do you think they'll wake up soon?" The two toned teen asked while watching the heart rate monitor attached to Ash. "Like hell if I know." The hot-headed blonde growled while glaring down the nurse that was shining a light into Angels eyes before leaving the room. "They should wake up within the next week... if we're lucky." Called a tired scratchy voice from down the hallway. "Mister Aizawa!?" Both teens yelled, turning quickly on their heals to see their heavily bandaged teacher slowly making his way down the hall. All of a sudden a gold blur rushed past him followed by the sound of someone ramming face first into glass. "Nooooo my poor babies still aren't uuuup!! Shota!!! Can't we wake them up quicker?????" Mic whines and sulks while staring at the sleeping twins. Aizawa sighed heavily and stops next to him looking into the room. "You know better than to ask that. There's nothing we can do to wake them up any sooner.

They have to wake up on their own." The loud blond sulked as he looked
back before staring back into the cold room. "Um... sorry to intrude but... Mr. Aizawa what are you doing here?"Todoroki asked, looking between the two teachers. Aizawa blinked at him. "Don't you know? Mic and I are their parents." He says flatly. "WHAT?!!" Bakugo yells his jaw dropping. The tired teacher quickly narrowed his eyes in a glare at the loud teen. "Quite down This is a hospital. Try and act civilized." He warns, then sighs, looking back into the room. "Obviously, we aren't their biological parents. We adopted them after they were rescued from villains... I won't tell you the full story. They should be the ones to tell, only if they want to. Just know their living situation was hell before we got to them."

Mic looked down sadly and moved closer to Aizawa, gently holding his cast-covered hand. For several minutes silence filled the hallway. The weight of Aizawa's words settled deep in the young heroes. The idea that the two sisters had been through any type of excruciating pain in their early lives hurt the two boys. "They hate it here," whispered Mic suddenly, which caused the two students to quickly look at him. "What do you mean?" Bakugo asked, a part of him afraid of the answer. "The two of them have a strong fear and hatred for hospitals. The machines. The tools. The cold floors and scent of chemicals mixed with blood and sweat. All of it terrifies them." He said quietly his hold on Aizawa slowly becoming more desperate. "They... do you think they know where they are?" Todoroki asked, his eyes casted towards the obnoxiously bright white tile floors. "I'm not sure," said Aizawa as he carefully leans to support Mic. "But I'm sure they can sense that they are in a place that isn't home or school. Meaning to them, they aren't in a place that's safe... it's part of the reason why we are here actually. Come with me."Turning, he walked towards the door, pulling out a key he carefully unlocked the door and stepped inside. Todoroki paused hesitantly at the edge of the door. "... Are you sure?..." "Please... go on in." Mic said
behind them, giving a soft smile before following Aizawa inside with a small bag draped over his shoulder.Bakugo paused watching the teachers then took a breath before stepping inside.
Todoroki watched for a moment before slowly, cautiously, followed him in. The door closed behind him with a heavy thud and click. Looking at the two sisters now from the end of their bed, the boys were able to see something new. The two girls were tightly holding hands, which rested on a small table placed between them.

"This is the only thing we
have found that helps. As long as they keep constant contact with each other, they are stable." Said Aizawa as he walks over, checking on Angel. "... What happens when they are separated?" Asked Bakugo as he looked at the two pale hands clinging to one another.
"They panic. It doesn't matter if their awake or asleep. They will start to hyperventilate due to panic attacks. If that is not stopped... their quirks that go out of control. If they awake and their separated... they'll usually attack anyone who tries to get too close to them... it's heartbreaking to watch." Aizawa said with a pain filled voice. He muttered something to himself as he bushed dark hair out of the older twins eyes. Todoroki looked at Ash and bit his lip for a moment before speaking. "What.... what happened to her? At the USJ it's as if... as if she was a completely different person? Ash does not seem like the type to attack and wound people so recklessly even if she is as angry." He frowns Aizawa took a long deep breath before signing. Mic walked over and placed a small white Fox plushie next to Angel then a small brown and tan colored Wolf plush next to Ash. Both the plush's looked a few years old and worn by years of love.