Chapter 6: A 'festive' Halloween

Adria's Pov

Adria's Pov

After a few weeks of lessons, we had a charms class with Professor Flitwick. He stood on a bunch of books and conducted the lesson.

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers?"

Hermione, who was sat to my right, raised her feather.

"Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone." Flitwick continued.

"The swish and flick." We all imitated his hand movement.

"Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then." Flitwick ordered.

The class began to practice the incantation.

"Wingardium Levio-saaa." Daisy tried.

"Wingardrium Leviosar!" Ron began to aggressively waves his wand really fast numerous times. Hermione stopped him.

"Stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's Levi-o-sa, not Leviosar." Hermione hollered. Daisy, Harry and i watched to two bickering.

"You do it then if you're so clever. Go on, go on." Ron replied.

Hermione straightened up and swished her wand.

"Wingardium Leviosa." She incanted, the feather lifted up.

"Oh, well done! See here, everyone! Ms. Granger's done it! Oh, splendid!" Flitwick cried.

Ron put his head on his books, annoyed that Hermione had to show him how to do the spell. More annoyed that she did it correctly. Seamus began swishing at his feather, inspired by Hermione's success.

"Wingard LevosaAa"

A huge explosion was heard from across the room. Everyone gasped. We all saw that Seamus was covered in ash again with his feather, now smoldering to ashes beside him.

"I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor." I said with a smile.

***

Daisy's Pov

Harry, Ron, Seamus and Neville and i were one of the first groups to spew out of the classroom, on the way to the next class. Hermione, Adria were slightly behind, yet still in ear shot on what we were saying. We were all walking across the courtyard when I heard Ron talking about someone. It took me a moment to realise who her was mocking.

"It's Levioooosa, not Leviosaaaar." Ron mocked Hermione, i gave him a glare.

"She's a nightmare, honestly. No wonder she hasn't got any friends!" He continued.

"Ron, don't!" I scolded him.

Suddenly Hermione pushed through us all, making sure she bumped Ron shoulder as she passed. She was crying. I looked back to see Adria behind us, who must have been walking with Hermione. She ran after Hermione who was heading to the girls bathroom.