welcome back 1

Bugs opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was the ceiling of his home. Then he felt the cold ground. It didn't take him long to notice Lola was not holding him anymore. He straightened up and looked around. He was in his hole, everything was just like how he had left it. Nothing looked different. And no one was around.

Bugs got on his feet, blinking. He didn't remember falling asleep here. But why was he here? Why was he alone, again? Perhaps his plan had worked. "I am Tune, I can survive anything." he had told LeBron, and he had hoped he was right when he had decided to sacrifice himself. Maybe that was why he was in his hole? His friends had brought him here after he had closed his eyes so he could rest, maybe? But if this was not the case, it could only mean...

Was it all a dream?

It couldn't be. There was no way all of this was a dream. No, impossible. He had brought back his friends- family. They had won the game. They had beaten the Goon Squad and that AI guy. They were together again. They were together and everything was fine .

He... He couldn't lose them again.

Bugs suddenly felt his right hand sting. He stopped pacing back and forth and looked at it, only to see it glitch.

Bugs froze on his spot, his eyes fixed on his hand. It was glitching. He was glitching. It was all real and the glitching was not over. But why? What did this even mean? Was he still getting deleted? Was he going to get deleted here, all alone? Was he about to disappear on his own in this hole? He started feeling sick with the thoughts and sat on his couch trying to calm down. This couldn't be happening, he was just overthinking. Yeah, he was not going to disappear... alone... on his own... "Definitely not going to get slowly deleted, nope, I just gotta get up and find my family and everything is going to be fine." he told himself. However, the glitching had not stopped and was not helping to calm him down. Not to mention it had gotten worse during his thought process. "Stop glitching-"

"Do you think he's really there?" Bugs' ears rose as he heard the familiar voice from outside. Dot? "Shouldn't we check the basketball court first?"

"Bugs' hole is in our way. It is worth looking at it." Yakko's voice joined his sister's.

The Warners. They're looking for me, Bugs thought. Of course, they would. They were among the audience and had watched the whole game. They had seen him glitching, but had not seen the outcome. They probably were worried for him. After all, they were a part of his family too, even though they lived in another world. He was their mentor- mainly Yakko's- for a long time as well.

Bugs felt his hand glitch again. Not now! He got up from the couch, he could hide for a bit until his hand stopped glitching. And he would've hidden from them, if his left leg hadn't glitched too, causing him to fall with a loud thud .

"Did you hear that?" Wakko asked. Then Bugs heard them running.

Welp, they had heard him. Bugs frowned as he turned to lie on his back. This way he was able to see the three figures blocking the sunlight.

"Bugs?" Yakko called and without waiting for an answer he jumped down the hole. His siblings followed him, appearing behind him in milliseconds.

Bugs waved at them with his left hand, hiding his right hand behind his back. He smiled as if everything was okay and normal. The Warners didn't seem to think so as they looked at him confused. Bugs couldn't blame them, he was laying on the ground trying to calm down after all. And when he was about to tell them why he was like that-

"Dadoo!" The three kids at once yelled with joy and relief. He had to admit, he was not expecting the sudden hug. They jumped on him and wrapped their arms around him. He could hear their tails hitting the floor as they wagged happily. And Bugs couldn't help but genuinely smile. He hugged them back, not caring about hiding his hand anymore. Right now all that mattered was this hug to him.