welcome back 2

It's been a while since the four toons had left Bugs' hole. Wakko was still sitting on Bugs' lap, Yakko and Dot were leading the way. The two siblings were talking about how it's been a while since they had visited this world. This reminded Bugs, "How did you three get here this time?" he asked. "Tricking Marvin again?"

"We decided to try something new." Dot answered.

"We stole a space rocket!" Wakko exclaimed.

"I'd call it borrowing." Yakko grinned. "It was a nice rocket, we had a lot of fun driving it here."

"Yeah, until Yakko crashed it." Dot said, annoyed.

"Hey, you are as faulty as I am, Mrs. Copilot!" Yakko retorted.

"You were the pilot, what could I do when you messed it all up!"

"I don't know, help ? You understand the flying stuff better than me!"

"Yes, flying planes !"

Bugs watched their silly fight in amusement. He had missed the kids a lot.

"Are they Daffy and Lola?" Wakko's question distracted them all.

Bugs looked forward and saw no one other than Daffy Duck and Lola Bunny, sitting together on a bench of the basketball court. Their backs were turned on them so Bugs couldn't see their faces. But he understood from their body language they were not having their happiest day. And seeing them like that broke his heart.

"Come on, kids. Let's brighten their day." Bugs gestured to the kids to follow him as he started walking towards the bunny and the duck.

"Ooh, brighten their day with explosives?" Dot's eyes shone.

Wakko had already pulled a bomb from his gag bag. Bugs took it from his hand and threw it away, "Not yet kids." Seeing their disappointed looks Bugs quickly added, "But I promise, you can go all zany you want later."

This earned him smiles from them, "Okay!"

As they got closer Bugs could hear the two Tunes' talking. He was on the front, the Warners behind him were trying to be as quiet as they could. Bugs put Wakko down once they had come real close, almost right behind them. While Bugs took a few steps towards the two Tunes, the kids stayed behind. They had pulled chairs and popcorn, ready to watch how this would develop.

"I keep going back to that stupid tree and doing the same thing again and again as if he'll appear out of nowhere like the old days. It is really dumb and I know but..." Daffy sighed.

Lola put her hand on his shoulder. "What you're doing is not dumb at all. You just miss him..." she said trying to comfort him. Then added in a lower voice, "And I miss him too. A lot."

Both of them looked on the verge of tears.

Alright, that was it. Bugs couldn't stand seeing them sad anymore. "Ehh, who's this lucky guy you two miss a lot, doc? Perhaps I've seen him around." Bugs joined their conversation.

Upon hearing the familiar voice Lola froze. Daffy on the other hand kept talking, "I don't think you can see him anymore. He's gone! Away!" he sniffed.

"Gone? Away? How come?"

"He turned to light and disappeared, poof!" He raised his head for a second to add a thought, "It was kind of cliché actually."

"Sad to hear that, doc. Well, at least I hope he was a nice guy. Probably nice looking too if he's nice."

"Nice? Yeah. Handsome, not as handsome as me." Daffy sniffed again.