one

It was immediately after a losing game for the Memphis Grizzlies

It was immediately after a losing game for the Memphis Grizzlies. Morgan sat in the press conference room, messily trying to think and jot down all of the potential questions that she could ask...

She had stupidly only prepped questions for the instance that the Grizzlies won; which they were projected to.

The previously noiseless room erupted into chatter and questioning as one of the players walked onto the stage and sat by the podium designated for athletes to answer questions on.

"Ja, this was your first game back from your injury... how do you feel about your performance tonight?" One of the reporters inquired. Morgan continued to jot questions; not paying any mind to what was going on in front of her.

"Imma be honest man, I played like shit out there tonight," The man said, letting out a defeated laugh "Imma shake back though, give me time. This lil knee thing ain't stoppin' shit," He continued.

"What happened in the second quarter, Morant?" Another reporter asked, Morgan trailed off into her own world as The questions kept flowing 

It'd been about 7 minutes of nonstop questions. Superficial questions at that.

"What's your favorite celebratory dance move?"
"MJ or LeBron?"
"What are you looking forward to this season?"

Those were just some of the lackluster inquiries to state a few.

"These people can talk they asses off, god," she thought, despite the fact that it was literally their (and her) job to.

The interviewer three people down from her asked, "why'd you change your shoes mid-game? what was going on," Morgan had finally mustered the nerve to ask her question from the simple fact that none of the questions being asked had any depth.

Just as she was about to raise her hand she looked up at Ja, seeing his eyes stare directly into hers.

(an: these gifs have been givin me a hard time lmk if they work fy)

Morgan lowered her rising hand and immediately diverted her gaze to the clock on the far right wall. She genuinely thought she could FEEL his smirk on the side of her face.

"Oh my god," she whispered jokingly to herself. Morgan had figured since he began to answer the question that it was safe to look back.

He was through with his one-sided staring contest, but would occasionally sneak glances in her direction every so often.

The rest of the interview went by quickly, primarily because Morgan was distracted and had given up on trying to ask one of her questions considering the time they had left.

"Last question Ja-" a lady spoke before Morgan tuned her out. Instead of staying around for the rest of the conference, she'd decided to leave and go freshen up in the bathroom.

-

Morgan stood in front of the mirror, reapplying her lip gloss and perfume. Those five suggestive seconds she had with #12 during the post-game press conference kept replaying in her mind.

"Okay it's over with Mor... Calm down..." she had to verbally remind herself while putting her items back into her purse.

As she opened the door to exit the bathroom. There the man was, seemingly waiting on her.

"Morgan...?" Ja spoke as if he was asking and stating at the same time while his eyes trailed across her, making her more nervous than she already was. Before she could ask how he knew her name, she remembered that she was wearing a necklace that told him.

"How'd you know I was in the restroom?" she asked while unintentionally mugging him.  "Damn, I just wanted to get yo number off you, you don't gotta look at me like that," He laughed at her attitude.

"I don't just give my number out," Morgan said impassively, trying her hardest not to fold in front of this man. "You must not know me," he boasted with a smirk creeping on his lips. "Oh I know you Ja," She said, not feeling his cockiness.

"You know about me. You don't know me for real"  He put emphasis on his words "Imma get yo number one way or another, you might as well just give it to me now," Ja said, looking at Morgan and leaning his weight onto the wall next to them.

"You corny as hell," She admitted while letting out a small laugh. Just as she was about to continue, she was interrupted.

"OH MY GOD, JA MORANT!" Someone yelled in their direction. A ton of footsteps could be heard quickly approaching. Morgan took this as an opportunity to slip away, as she hated large chaotic crowds and wanted nothing to do with them.

"You got that Morgan, next time I got you." He laughed over the crowd's chatter as they began to swarm him. Morgan silently chuckled to herself as she left the arena.