thirteen ¹

UNREVISED...

Four days later

Four days later

Morgan hummed the melody of Hold On by The Internet as she drove to the FedEx Forum for a game that she was supposed to be commentating.

She'd been dreading this event because it meant she wouldn't be able to avoid Ja.

The two hadn't spoken since the morning after the Celtics v. Grizzlies game, and Morgan was determined to keep it that way.  She had no justification as to why she was avoiding him, she just felt a little uneasy after their last conversation.

Morgan hurriedly parked her car and exited; she had to be at the arena a little earlier than usual because she had a preliminary meeting to attend.

She walked into the already packed meeting room and took a seat in the far corner, as that was the only seat available.

"Good Evening, Ms. Banks..." Some old white guy Morgan had never seen before greeted her. "Hello, Mr..... Shanks?" She read the nameplate that glistened under the breast pocket of his crisp black suit.

"Get settled please, the meetings' about to begin," He said before rearranging some of the papers in his grasp.

As morgan put her stuff down, the man began speaking. She inattentively 'listened' to the boring analytical conversation between her colleagues. She tried her hardest to stay awake for all of their remarks because she didn't want to come off as rude.

"Morgan they need you for a sound check on the floor," Someone called out, interrupting the meeting and snapping Morgan out of her dazed state.

Just as Morgan was about to get up and leave, Amalia, who she wasn't even aware was there, pulled her to the side. "Open it," She said while handing Morgan an envelope.

Morgan shifted her eyes between her boss and the thick crème colored envelope in her grasp.

"This ain't what I think it is; Is it?" She asked with a smile creeping on her lips. "Girl OPEN IT," Amalia said with urgency.

"Damn you more excited than me," Morgan chuckled as she tore the envelope open.

In regards to Morgan Banks,

In recognition of your performance, Fox Sports is glad to offer you a contract as our official Freelance Traveling Broadcaster, effective the end of the 2022-23 NBA regular season (April 9th, 2023). You have achieved this promotion within a span of one year with all of your hard work and dedication toward your field. We have studied you and you have shown that you make the broadcasting environment enjoyable for everyone around you, from the camera crew to those you are interviewing, and we expect this behavior to continue as you integrate with franchises internationally. Your salary will increase from $98,000 to an estimated $115,000. If you have any questions, please email me at
kimbeauvais@foxsportshr.com