Chapter 3

Fury.

That is the only feeling Reza can process. It boils out of her like water bubbles over in a pot too small for its volume. Reza has always prided herself on her patience, but at this moment patience is on the sidelines cheering her on. Marlena yelped out, surprised by the sudden movement. Seeing the ferocity in her eyes, Marlena notes never to get on Reza's bad side. She manages to grip the cart before they leave it behind, and someone scavenges their findings.

Marching forwards, Reza hears him laugh, which on infuriates her more. Marlena tries to calm her down, but that only increases the madness encroaching over Reza's body. Still glaring at him and trying to maneuver around people, Reza now sees another person standing with Xander. A guy similar age to Xander with brown chestnut skin, dark brown eyes, and tight kinks on top of his head. He smiles at Xander and uses hand gestures, making Xander laugh even more.

Reza lets go of Marlena's hand and tell her she's running ahead. "Reza, wait!" But it's too late, Reza is already speed-walking toward the two laughing guys.
"So there I was eating the corndog and th-"

Wham!

Reza rams herself into Xander with as much force as she can muster. His body felt rock hard and Reza was sure her shoulder was bruised but it didn't matter. It's not like she was going to admit that what she did hurt herself more than it hurt Xander.

The guy next to Xander burst out laughing while Xander glares with resentment. "Ow! What the fuck?"

"I've been looking for you for over an hour!"

Xander rubs his chest. Rolling his eyes he looks to the boy with him, "Ren stop laughing before I smack you." The friend, Ren, lets out a few more chuckles before grinning widely.

"So this is the girl your mom took in?"

Begrudgingly Xander nods and turns toward Reza. "Look, I'm not about to stand in some boutique for hours on end. I left and went to hang out with my friend."

Ren bows dramatically, "I'm Lorenzo, but you can call me Ren." He smirks and gives a wink.

Pinching the bridge of her nose Reza responds with, "You could've at least told me you were leaving. How hard is it to send me a note? They're apparently pretty instantaneous."

Before anyone can give an answer Reza hears her name being called. "Reza! You will not believe the conversation I just had with this really hot guy." Marlena approaches the three teens. Reza shakes her head humorously.

Marlena unbeknownst to Reza is a wealthy Dweller of Cerebrosus, the daughter of the baron who resides over Oblayion. She is very book-smart and has extensive knowledge about both Cerebrosus and the Methodical world.
Her father expects the perfect daughter and her mother passed away when she was very young. Reza is the first real friend that Marlena has made.
Everyone seems to only like Marlena because she's the baron's daughter. Reza, however, has no clue about Marlena's heritage.

"I'm sorry I left you behind, Marlena."

"Don't be, oh! Um, hey Xanderious, Lorenzo." Reza looks at the three of them. Marlena seems very nervous, Ren looks in shock, and Xander appears unimpressed. Ren manages to stumble over the words 'hello' while Xander has an impassive face. "Um anyways, Reza you should check out before the long gets too long." Reza nods and makes her way toward the buggy. This catches Xander's attention and he eyes the cart filled two-thirds of the way.

He stares daggers at Marlena and she shrinks back. Reza notices this interaction, once again trying to be patient and once again having it fail her. "Listen Marlena. No one has the money to drop 285 or more yizobus on clothes. Reza, go ahead and put some of those back." Both Reza and Marlena look confused. "I swear like-minded people must be drawn to each other," Xander mumbles to himself.