Chapter six

After a long night of rest Jensen arrived at Jared's apartment but when he stepped inside his eyes landed on Dan. He'd been getting suspicious of the guy for a little while and wanted to make sure that he wasn't working for Anti.

"Sorry lads gotta go." Dan said and quickly left.

"Okay, what was that about?" Jensen asked, "and why do I keep seeing him around?"

"I don't know but I don't trust it, how are you doing man?" Jared asked. Gen had told the kids that they needed to give their father and uncle Jensen some time alone to discuss whatever happened.

"I'm fine, any news from Chase yet?" Jensen questioned. He wanted to apologize to Chase about blowing up on him like that and worried that Chase wouldn't want to see him.

"Not yet but we do have to go and see him." Jared responded. Before either of them could leave, Jensen suddenly got a call from his daughter. Confused, he held his wristband up and waved his hand over it to where the hologram of his daughter appeared and she looked scared tears were practically coming down her face and it looked like she was hiding in her closet.

"JJ?" Jensen said his stomach in complete knots.

"Daddy! Help! There's a scary man in the apartment! He's got, mommy!" JJ exclaimed suddenly the closet doors swung open and a shadow cast over the young preteen. "No! Get away from me! Don't touch me!"

"Get over here you little brat!" The voice sounded familiar and Jensen began to piece together everything that was going on. Suddenly, she was yanked out of her closet and the hologram phone fell which just so happened to be on. Jensen could hear screams in the background and he panicked. Yelling into the hologram telling Mark to leave his family alone. As if hearing him, the hologram started moving and Jensen and Jared saw the face of Mark Fischbach with black eyes.

"You want your family safe Jensen? Then come to 'The Black Cat' alone, if you value their life." instantly the hologram went dead and Jensen found himself unable to think straight, he needed to get to his family and save them. If Anti were to put any sort of stress on Daneel she would miscarry and he'd lose his twins. Without a second thought, Jensen and Jared ran out of Jared's apartment and through the halls until eventually they arrived at Chase's office and even though Chase preferred the hologram this time it was desperate but before they could even knock on the door, Chase had already stepped out already knowing exactly what happened. Jensen and Jared both began explaining the situation but he cut them off with an "I already know."

***

Chase decided that after Jensen's behavior he needed to get more information about Anti's plan, he knew what it was like to lose your family because of that hellspawn demon. So he decided to interrogate Ethan again since he had given away plenty of helpful information about how Anti was able to twist the real Mark into the sinister Dark.

"Anti abandoned you Blank," he said. "If he wanted you rescued he would have done it himself, but you're still sitting here."

"You don't..." Ethan began but stopped himself. He didn't want to accidentally spill any more information and risk losing his head.

"I don't know what?" Chase asked. "I don't know what it's like to lose everything because of Anti, a man who stole children from his mother's arms so he could twist them into his minions," Chase continued. "Or a man who wants to end the world just because he is bored and leaves his followers to rot and die alone when they fail."

"Stop it!" Ethan called out.

"Or a man who doesn't care about anyone but himself and is really a demon, who would send you into the pit with a snap of his fingers if he wanted to," Chase said. "If only there was someway to exploit his weakness and stop his plans."

"Okay you win, just stop please!" Ethan begged. "I'll tell you everything, just don't let him find me!" Chase nodded and let Ethan cry a bit before he explained that Anti wanted everyone to be under his control. Meaning that everyone would become their alter ego and with no one left to stop him Anti would rule all.

"Gross so he's that kind of insane," Chase said. "Tell me where I can find him."

"I don't know what's in it for me?" Ethan asked. Instantly Chase stuck an injection into Ethan's arm causing all kinds of pain and his glowed white showing that Blank was quickly dying so that the real Ethan could return.

"I can cure you but first you have to tell me all you know." Chase responded by taking the injection out.

***

Dark enjoyed having prisoners, especially a young girl who kept trying to act tough, she reminded him so much of her father.

"Let me out of here!" JJ exclaimed. "My Daddy is going to get you."

"Aww how cute," Dark responded. "But I'm afraid you won't be going anywhere." He looked through the glass window that was holding her and her mother captive like an exhibit. Daneel told her daughter to get away from the window and Dark was wondering if she was going to beg for her life. One thing he didn't expect was that Daneel was no damsel in distress, even while she was pregnant.

"I don't know what sick twisted game you're pulling Dark," she said, catching him off guard. "But I will not be intimidated or broken by you."

"I don't know what you mean and it's Mark." Dark responded playing dumb and fixing up the suit he was wearing.

"No it's not anymore not since he tried to use the staff to bring back his best friend," Daneel said. Dark started to get agitated and the world around him began to glitch out until Anti came over and told him to leave the captives alone. "Disgusting your hair looks like vomit." Dark stopped himself as Anti came close, he stepped away despite not liking the guy they had a partnership with and if someone broke that partnership then one or the other would die. Dark stepped away allowing Anti to get to the two captives.

"I'm surprised you two are willing to fight." Anti said, his voice slightly high-pitched. "Even after everything that I've told you, you still want to defy me or has Chase not learned his lesson?"

"Oh spare me your villain monologue," Daneel said instantly and pushed her daughter behind her. "I've heard enough of those to last me a lifetime, or did you forget about our past encounters?" She asked. Anti scoffed, not wanting to remember the amount of times Daneel had assisted her husband in taking him down. Back then he figured Daneel was just Jensen's assistant or something, which is why she helped him out. Same with Gen, but of course she ended up being his wife this whole time and he wasn't going to miss the chance to get back at Jensen.

"Oh I haven't but you might have to be reminded that you're in no shape to fight," Anti said. Daneel covered her stomach instantly and told him she wouldn't let him touch her children. "I know which is why I've brought you two to this lovely place," he said. "The little one said her daddy was coming, and I'm planning on having a lot of fun with him." Anti walked away from the containment cell while Daneel screamed at him to come back. But Anti kept walking away and told Dark that once the deed was completed he had to grab the staff.

"You don't have any idea what will happen if you try to use that!" Daneel exclaimed.

"Sorry beautiful but your words aren't going to change my mind," Anti responded. "Come along Dark, let's leave these two alone. They will need time to adjust to the new world." He closed the door behind him and the room was engulfed in pure darkness. Terrified JJ ran to her mother and hugged her.

"Why is the bad man doing this?" She asked, tears running down her face. "I want Daddy!" She cried.