Dalbeattie

AN: Well, here we are, one year and 400,000 words later. I can't tell you all what it means to me to not only reach that word count but to have spent a year researching and writing this story. I've found my best friend in Sparky-She-Demon through this fic, and it probably would have died off if not for her and I talking every day about our fics and new ideas and helping each other through writer's block. And I'm glad to not only have found her through this fic but all of you readers, and I hope that you'll stick around because there is far more of this fic to come. I know we've moved on from the events of the film, but I hope you are all still enjoying it. Thank you all for a wonderful year and here's looking to more down the road.

The train station the next morning was bustling, and Will and I were quickly caught up in the rush of people. In the end, I had to hold onto his sleeve as he navigated us to the proper platform. I was just lucky that I still had my valise with me as we proceeded through the car, looking for a compartment. Finally, seeing an empty one, Will opened the door and ushered me inside. He quickly shut the door again, glancing out the window. "We'll be lucky to keep this until we reach Carlisle."

"We'll be lucky to be awake when we reach Carlisle." I muttered, muffling a yawn behind my hand. "And we'll still only get to Dalbeattie just before dinner."

"And a hearty dinner it will be." Will grinned as he looked across the compartment at me. "And straight to bed for us after."

"So what will it be, haggis washed down with whiskey?" I joked, jostling a bit as the train began to move. Will only snorted and rolled his eyes, looking out the window as we pulled out of the station. Southampton was still rather dark as our train huffed and puffed its way to the northeast, only a bit of thin gray daylight breaking through a fog bank that had cropped up over night. In the end, both of us wound up nodding off as we made our way towards London, the rocking of the train lulling us to sleep. Our activities the night before had been exhausting, for Will was unsure of how often he would be called to go visit his family or help with something while we were there. He had wanted to ensure that it had been a memorable night, and we had both made a valiant effort at it.

My mouth had still been a little sore this morning, having taken him between my lips the night before. I had not been the only one, for Will had explored every inch of me with his lips and had not been content to move on to the main event until I had fallen apart beneath him three times. Every time I had offered to finish him, he had refused me, saying that he would let me get him close, but then have me stop. Apparently he found the teasing exciting, for when he finally had me bent over the desk in his office, he was relentless. It must have shifted a good inch every time he had thrust himself home, a strangled gasp being driven from me with every movement. In the end, he had had to carry me back to bed, my legs too weak to support me after he had wrenched every bit of strength and pleasure from me.

So yes, the nap was much needed.

Most of the train seemed to be disgorged in London, and their replacements were few. Will still felt he had to glare at everyone who even glanced at our compartment, although he settled down quickly enough once the train started up again and a trolley was pushed past. He purchased a couple of sandwiches, passing one over. "Cheese, hopefully they're good."

"At this point, I'd eat haggis." I chuckled, gratefully accepting the paper wrapped sandwich. I took a bite, my eyes rolling up. "Mmmm, they're quite good."

"Better than haggis?" Will shook his head. "Honestly, if you keep going on about that someone is actually going to offer you some."

"I tease, I tease." I waved my hand, looking out the window. "Although it will be a bit nice to get out of the cities for awhile." London was almost grayer than Southampton, although that wasn't just due to fog. Smoke from hundreds of coal fires and factories mixed with fog blown in, creating a thick and almost solid smog that covered the skies. I knew London weather was often joked about, and I'd been in the city before, but I'd never sene it this bad. I could only hope it would be better when we stopped for a day or two on our way back.