𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑒𝑛: 𝐷𝑒𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛

•──────✧✦✧──────•

•──────✧✦✧──────•

Gamez

Gabby walks into the open dark-lit arcade that is filled with various high schoolers, college students, and adults. The loud techno music thumps in her ears and the familiar scent of beer, smoke, and soda tickle her nostrils. The LED lights that hang on the wall light her path. She sees the ombré boy fixing a customer's drink and smiles.

"Kenma!" She calls for him over the music. The boy turns to the sound of his voice and sees the cheerful girl rushing up to him.

"Hey, Gabby." He greets her when she comes around the bar. "I wasn't expecting you to come here." She wraps her arms around his torso and buries her head in his chest. "Surprise!"

He stumbles back at the impact but returns her hug anyways. "What are you doing here?" He asks her when she lets him go. Her shoulders rise and fall and her smile stays. "Do I have to have a reason for seeing you?"

She shakes his head. "I guess not. He looks to the glass entrance for her sister. "Is Miah with you?"

"No, she's doing something else. Simon drove me here." Kenma perplexes at the 'something' Miah is doing but doesn't question it. She's grown enough to take care of herself and doesn't need his hovering.

"If that's the case, who's taking you home?" He already knew the answer but still wanted her confirmation. Gabby stands on her toes and points at him. An innocent smile crosses her lips. "You."

He sighs and nods. "Figured. You know, you could have let me know. What if I had plans?"

She laughs and dismisses him. "You don't have any plans."

"Okay, but what if I did?"

"You don't."

He sighs in defeat when he realizes he isn't getting any with her. Truth is even if he did have plans, he would have canceled them all just for her. And she knew that.

"So, what's new?" He inquires as he passes the Gin and Tonic to one of the regulars.

"A lot, actually. I thought I'd come by and update you." She presses her behind on the sleek wooden bar and gives him a needy look. He sighs while shaking his head before helping her onto the bar. "You really need to grow a few more inches."

"Whatever. Anyways, I know you hear some things from working here." She gestures to the lively arcade. "So tell me if you've heard anything of interest."