ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: sᴜʀᴘʀɪsᴇ

★ - ❝We chose what holds us back and what moves us forward. -

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"Boys, boys! Come in, come in!" Kie said, inviting Muichiro and Yuichiro inside their castle. "What brings you two darlings here? Looking for your husband I assume?"

Yuichiro awkwardly scratched his nape, he still wasn't used to the fact that his parents and Tanjiro's parents kept pushing the marriage titles onto them. It was starting to get uncomfortable.

It had only been a week at most since the announcement. Even if they'd known each other for years.

"Y-Yeah, we're looking for Tanjiro. We were close by so we just decided to pop in and hang out." Muichiro mumbled, avoiding Kie's eyes as they had this excited spark in them.

"Oh! He's in the art room. Spends most of his time there when he's not taking care of the younger ones." Kie said, leaving them to their own devices.

The twins made their way through the castle up the grand stairs before coming across a hallway. It seemed to be a voice coming from the door at the end of the hall.

"Tanjiro?" Muichiro called out as the two made their way closer and closer. The soft voice filled more and more of their ears.

As they peeked through the ajar door, the two witnessed a certain burgundy-haired male humming to himself a melody. The curtains on the window letting in rays of sunlight that covered Tanjiro from head to toe, making the older have such an angelic glow surrounding him.

"He's so beautiful..." Muichiro whispered, both brothers were captivated by his beauty that seemed to stun them the more they stared.

"He's more than beautiful, he's an angel." Yuichiro sighed, allowing himself just this moment in time to be able to really take in Tanjiro.

"Wish he were my angel," Muichiro mumbled, taking a few steps closer to the focused burgundy.

He seemed to be painting something- or someone for that matter. Neither boys could figure out what he was painting.

As the twins stepped even closer, Tanjiro flinched back for a moment and blinked slowly before turning around and facing the duo.

"Yuichiro, Muichiro." The burgundy greeted, a soft smile on his face.

"U-Um! Sorry to interrupt your painting session but we just wanted to ask if you'd join us in hanging out?" Yuichiro stuttered, completely surprising Muichiro once again as he apologized with a blush on his face. "Y-You don't have to go i-if you don't want to! It's t-totally fine to say no!"

Tanjiro continued to paint, pretending to think about it, purposely making the two wait.

"We promise if you say yes, it will be super fun and you won't regret it~" Muichiro whined, walking behind Tanjiro and wrapping his arms around the older's waist. Resting his head on Tanjiro's shoulder watching him paint.

Tanjiro continued to hum and think, he was so into his act that he didn't even notice two pairs of hands making their way toward him.

"H-Hey!" Tanjiro laughed, moving to try and pry the tickling hands off of him. "W-Wait-!"

"We'll stop if you give us an answer~," Yuichiro said, tickling his lower stomach while Muichiro handled the upper.