ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ: ʙʀᴇᴀᴋғᴇᴀsᴛ

★ — ❝You wish that was you, huh?

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

As the morning Sun rose on the horizon and the Sun's beams of light slowly covered everything in its path, Muichiro lie awake and bored.

He rolled over, trying to head back to dreamland but failed as his thoughts kept interrupting each time.

He wished that he could switch bodies with Yuichiro just to be able to sleep, but then he wouldn't want to look like the moment somebody disturbed his sleep he'd kill them.

He envied how Yuichiro was able to worm his way into spooning Tanjiro. That should be him, not his hot-headed, emotional wreck of a brother.

But on the other hand, Muichiro got a perfect view of Tanjiro's peaceful sleeping face. How long strands of his hair stuck to his face. How his eyelashes fluttered as his eyes threatened to open any second now. How his eyebrows furrowed as if someone was pulling them down. His lips curved to the side peacefully as he slept away his worries.

The one time I regret not cloning myself.

Muichiro was so caught up that he didn't hear the footsteps slowly stopping and the door busting wide open.

"TANJIRO, MOM SAID TO—!" Takeo stopped himself when he realized Tanjiro wasn't alone. Or even awake for that matter.

"Um... Muichiro, right? Or Yuichiro?" Takeo asked, ignoring how awkward the situation had become. "Kind of forgot which was which."

Muichiro tilted his head to the side, observing the tiny Kamado before him. "Who are you?"

Takeo gave Muichiro a look that read are you just naturally this stupid?

"You're getting married to my brother but you don't even know his younger sibling's name?" Takeo scoffed, making Muichiro feel a bit guilty, but he could care less. "Wow, just wait until I tell—"

"Takeo," A hoarse voice called out, scaring the shit out of both Muichiro and Takeo. "Takeo, stop messing with him."

"Tanjiro, I wasn't messing with him! He doesn't even know my name!"

"He— he's got like, short-term memory," Tanjiro explained, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes and stretching. "It's not his fault he can't remember all of your names. There's a lot of you guys and only one him."

"Yeah, it's not my fault." Muichiro agreed, getting a little distracted when Tanjiro's shirt pulled up a bit but quickly snapped out of it.

"Sorry..." Takeo mumbled, avoiding both boys' gazes.

"It's fine, Takeo." The burgundy said, carefully moving around Yuichiro to get off of the bed and properly stretch. "What did you come in here for?" Tanjiro asked.

Like a light bulb went off in his head, Takeo suddenly whipped his neck up. His eyes shone bright and excited as he remembered what he came for.

"Oh, yeah! Mom said to wake up because we're having breakfast together in..." Takeo stopped to think before continuing. "Approximately fifteen minutes! Bye!"