Douma's Past With Kanae And Kotoha

'What was Douma really?' Kanae thought when when Douma starts visiting her during missions with a woman and a toddler.

The demon had taken a liking to her after he had spared her a while back. Kanae didn't trust him at first but Douma had wiggled his way into her heart.

Kanae does not know what that horrible demon king will do when he finds out about Kotoha but Kanae decides against her greater judgment that she likes the woman and the kid, besides there was no way of knowing if the leader would even find out about them.

Though one winter night, Douma rushed to her while on a solo mission, crying while holding Kotoha without their child. Kotoha was bleeding heavily from wounds on her stomach.

The demon king had ordered him to kill her and eat her. Douma could not do any of them so he, the demon king, did it himself but he did not eat her, he gave Douma the chance to redeem himself by finishing her off and eating her.

Doums did not do so.

He came to her because deep down, he knew that she could be trusted. He trusted her but she could not help him.

Not with this.

Kotoha had lost a lot of blood .

Kanae looked at him with pain in her eyes.

Kotoha had lost too much blood for her to do anything.

"Kotoha always wanted to go to heaven." Douma said, curling himself up as he cried.

"I can not do anything else except for bandaging her wounds and give her some med, she looks rather pale. I'm so sorry, Douma." Kanae said, sadly.

As annoying as he can be she truly cared about the rainbow eyed demon. She watches as Kotoha cups Douma's face, her blood printed her hand on his cheeks.

"You're so kind, Douma-sama. Please if you can, please find Inosuke for me." She smiles sweetly even to her assumed death.

"Okay. I will!" Douma was crying.

Kanae holds Kotoha's weaken body tightly.

She loved the young mother, a lot.

Though, there was one thing on Kanae's mind about the situation.

How did the demon king find out about her?

She patted Douma's back as the life from Kotoha's eyes faded.

She died with a smile and holding Douma's hand.

Douma takes her with him.

He fears that Muzan would kill her as well.

Kanae smiled sadly.

Shinobu would be disappointed but she knew that this was the right decision.

To protect her sisters.

And to comfort her dear friend.