Chapter 5 Mountain Children

We continued our journey until we were only a couple of months away from getting to the island. We were traveling slowly since we were not rushing to get there. We were resting on an island called Dawn island. We decided to stay on the village side instead of the Kingdom side since we didn't want to course any problems with Robin being with us.
"Mama can we go check out the bar," asked Katakuri
"yes, just make it back before dark," I said as all my oldest nodded and went to see the bar. The younger ones stayed on the ship or went to some of the few shops they had. I smiled as I went to all the shops that had food with Sanji
"so Mrs.Shiki, what will we be making later," he asked
"well, how about we make some shrimp soup, chicken nuggets, and veggies" I offered
"sure... Cracker and Brulee won't be happy" he laughed. In the little time, he has spent on the ship, he got to know everyone and what they liked to eat, along with what they didn't like.
"I'm sure they won't. That's why we will bake a cake when we get back."
"wow, really," he asked.
"yup. Now come on, we have to finish" I smiled as I started to look at everything we needed. as we walked, I began to hear conversations of the other people in the shop.
'did you hear... celestial dragons... coming... today" I hear a woman say.
"Celestial dragons are here to inspect the Goa Kingdome."
"I hope they don't come here. "
"Mama, what are Celestial dragons," asked Sanji. I just noticed that he was also listening in
"they are... mean people... they are rich and don't care about anyone but themselves... if you ever come across one, bow down and do as he says," I told him.
"Why," he asked
"Because if you don't...... they will take you away to become a slave or worse" with that, I heard Sanji gulp before nodding. "I hope we don't run into one," I say quietly, not wanting to deal with them.
"Mama, I saw this cool book in the store next to us. Can I go buy it," Sanji asked?
"Sure, kiddo, just need to put the bags in the ship" I smiled as I started to lead him to the ship. Once we were done and had Cracker, Robin, and Brulee help us put everything away, I told Sanji he could go get the book with Cracker, who also wanted to get something from the village. I went to go check on Law, who was studying in his room (that he shared with Cracker and Sanji)
"How is it going," I asked. I walked in since the door was wide open, scaring him and making him drop the book he was holding.
"MA" he yelled as he looked over "don't scare me like that," he said as he picked up the book "it's all going fine."
"what are you studying this time."
"surgery... for burns," he said as he looked at the book, then the desk trying to avoid looking at my face. I smiled slightly.
"you know I'm excellent just using makeup," I say, "when you guys don't throw it out, that is," I laughed.
"your skin could get worse if you add makeup... I need a little more time, and I will be able to restore your skin."
"even if you can't, I will still be happy, you know that" I walked up to him and put my hand on his shoulder "just have some rest, ok."
"ya... later," he said
"Alright, fine," I said as I walked out, "at least go look at the bookstore your brothers went to"
"YA SURE LATER, MA" he yelled as I continued to walk. Away. I smiled as I passed Cracker, who was talking to Brulee about something.
Once I got outside, I saw a little ship passing by. I couldn't see who was on it, but I got instantly worried when I saw the Celestial Dragon Symble of a more giant ship approaching the smaller one. I saw a little blond head poking out, looking shocked at the Dragon's boat. Still, it instantly turned into fear as I saw the Celestial Dragon order his men to shoot it down for crossing the path of his ship. I jumped into action as the cannon was fired, and the little boat exploded. I jumped into the ocean, making sure that no one saw me. I swam as fast as possible to the boy, who was going deeper and deeper. I growled as I swam after him. once I got to him, I grabbed his arm and placed my lips on his passion and air before placing my hand over his mouth so he wouldn't open it again. I started to swim further from the Celestial Dragons ship and back to my own. I instantly climbed on with the latter built into the boat and saw that Cracker and Sanji were back. They were happily talking, holding books and snacks in their hands.
"SANJI, GET LAW" I yelled. "CRACKER, GO GET YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS FROM THE BAR AND TELL THEM TO COME BACKCELESTIAL DRAGONS ARE HERE," I snapped as I laid the boy who was bleeding from his forehead down on the floor and started to give him mouth to mouth trying to get him to breath again. Both boys dropped everything on the ship. Sanji ran inside to bring Law, and Cracker went back to the island.
"come on, kiddo," I say as I push in his chest to get the water out of his lungs. "breath."
"MA" I heard Law yell, and he ran next to me and instantly got on his knees and started to check the boy over. he took over as I backed up slightly so he could finish. The boy took a deep breath after a bit.
"Where... am I," he asked as he tried to sit up.
"Stay down, kid. Ma, help me carry him inside." "Law ordered me. over the last 5 years, Law overcame his sickness, and he first picked up a medical book and started to study. He wanted to be a doctor because even the most I know about nursing is still beginner level.
"MA THEY ARNT THERE" Cracker yelled, getting on the ship. I cursed as I picked up the boy.
"Get inside, everyone," I said as I ran inside with the boy
"BRULEE" I yelled as Law opened the door in front of me. she popped out from the corner looking confused but understanding "please use your powers to find your siblings. There are Celestial dragons on the island," I told her. "Everyone else gets ready to leave."