Chapter 7 Leaving the Nest

When Law turned 17, he decided to leave and explore the world. I agreed as long as he remembered to call now and then. He settled quickly and started to pack all his things, and he was ready to go. Luffy and Sabo didn't help since they would take something out of Law's bag every time no one was looking. I caught them when Law told me he placed his lucky bracelet inside that his sister Brulee made him that had a few of his father's ashes and couldn't find it. I looked over at the boys with a slight glare.

"give it here, boys," I say as I stop them from walking out

"what? We didn't do anything," Sabo said as he held his hands behind his back. I looked over at Luffy; he just whistled as he looked away. I sent him a glare before he placed everything they took in my hands.

"Why did you guys take this," I asked. Their siblings are now behind them. Ace walked a little to stand with his brothers.

"We... we don't want Law to leave us," Sabo said as tears started to build up. Luffy began to cry as he saw Law approach and attach himself to Law's legs.

"PLEASE DON'T LEAVE LAW. I PROMISE I WILL BE NICER," he yelled.

"Luffy come on, buddy," Law said as he crouched down. "don't you remember you said you wanted to be the pirate king, right," he asked.

"Ya"

"how about this... when you three are all grown up, we start to compete to get the one piece. Luffy, you already have a crew, and Ace and Sabo have two years before you hit 17 to find a crew."

"but--"

"And I will call and visit when I can," Law said as he hugged him. "but you have to promise to be nice to mom since she is still recovering," he said, smiling.

7 months ago, Law started to work on my burns, and 2 months ago, Law finished but said I shouldn't be moving around and I have to keep asking the kids for stuff all the time.

"ok... but promise you will call," Luffy said

"Every day," asked Sabo

"Well, not every day, but I promise I will call whenever I can, and I will tell you all of my adventures" Law smiled as he hugged both of them and Ace Pat their backs as they cried.

Everyone cried as their younger and older brother sailed away. I cried as I watched him leave, and Oven had to carry me back home since I got worried and hoped he would come back. He was the first to leave home and become a pirate. he took one of Brulee's handmade mirrors that she learned to make with her powers in case he was ever in a pinch and needed us to take him out in (Brulee learned to use small mirrors after the incident)

he called at least twice weekly to tell us about all the islands he had been to and all the enemies and marines he had fought.

A couple of months later, Law called us and told us about his new crewmate, Bepo. He told us he was a Mink. An animal species of humans. He was initially shy to talk to us since humans don't consider Minks human and treated them terribly. Still, he mellowed out and opened up when he spoke to us.

Law later called us, told us of all the other crewmates, and introduced us to them. My favorite that brightened Law slightly was Shachi and Penguin.

Law also told us in one of his calls that he would keep a low profile until the young ones were of age so that they could all get a bounty together and see who gets the highest.

Ages

Shiki: 31

Perospero: 28

Oven, Daifuku, Katakuri: 26

Amande: 25

Brûlée:21

Cracker: 16

Robin: 20

Law:17

Sanji:11

Sabo: 12

Ace: 12

Luffy: 9

When it was time for Ace to leave. Luffy basically kicked him out. We were all confused until Sabo explained that he would send Luffy the best recipes for the best meats he found. He also said that Ace pissed Luffy off when he told him he would get the strongest crew and beat him to get the one piece.

We were all confused when we saw Luffy throw Ace to the little boat with tears in his eyes. I shook my head as I walked up to Ace.

"Ace. please make sure to call... or check in sometimes." I smiled

"Sure, mama" he laughed as he hugged me

"and don't forget the mirror your sister gave you, hun" I smiled as I handed him the small black mirror. He nodded and finished getting his things on the small boat.

"I promise to call when I get to my first island," he said as he hugged everyone before leaving.

When Sabo had to leave, everyone gave him a small party since he wanted to go the day before his birthday. We all gave him small gifts and hugs as he left. He said he wanted to do something in the world so that people are better educated about the world and do something about the fear people hold in them for nobles.

Ages

shiki: 36

Perospero: 33

Oven, Daifuku, Katakuri: 31

Amande: 30

Brûlée:26

Cracker: 21

Robin: 25

Law:22

Sanji:16

Sabo: 17

Ace: 17

Luffy: 14

When it was time for Luffy, Sanji, and Robin to leave, I almost didn't even see them since Luffy was so excited to go and catch up with his brothers. he only remembered when he was a couple of miles off into the sea with a sleeping Robin and a yelling Sanji telling him to go back.

When he came back, he got an earful from Katakuri and Perospero. Everyone else laughed and patted him on the back. I gave him a good hit on the head and gave Robin and Sanji a goodbye kiss on their heads. Before sending them off.

Turns out that after the scare that Ace and Sabo gave us, he really just wanted to catch up to them since now Ace had a huge crew, Sabo had the revolutionary army, and Law was finished collecting all of his crew.

He instantly started to gain people. He introduced me to his new crewmate and first mate Zoro, then to Nami, and said that he was happy and healthy even though he forgot to call weekly.

Sanji and Robin would call and let me know where they were and even send things such as old artifacts that Robin didn't want to lose or dishes Sanji made and wanted me to try.

I also learned that whenever Luffy forgot to call, Nami would punch him and force him to contact me. I met her after the Arlong incident.

Zoro seemed like a very relaxed man and was very much loyal after Luffy saved him and a village that was overrun by a corrupt marine officer.

They also later told me of little Chopper, who joined after a couple of months. he was a Raindeer who ate the Human Devil fruit. He had a low confidence level but opened up to Luffy, or at least that's what Robin told me. they also said something about a Princess named Vivi.

I was glad he was making friends. And I hope nothing terrible happens.

Ages

shiki: 39

Perospero: 36

Oven, Daifuku, Katakuri: 34

Amande: 33

Brûlée:29

Cracker: 24

Robin: 28

Law:25

Sanji:19

Sabo: 20

Ace: 20

Luffy: 17