XXX

CARTER

CARTER

"You did what?" Elijah decides to be a drama queen this morning.

I was in the infirmary with the box of chocolate he liked so much because I felt bad that he got shot in the arm but it wasn't a deep shot. Thankfully, the bullet didn't push too much into his muscles. He will be fine in two days.

"Are you out of your fucking mind?" He scolds me. We were all alone. The staff gave us privacy for a while. I sigh "I didn't have a choice, Elijah." He rolls his eyes "There is always a choice, you shithead! You could-" he nudges the box of chocolate on my lap and I began by silently tearing off the plastic as he continues scolding me "- have said a million different things, Carter. You're just putting her in more danger with you." I nod and keep the box on his lap "I know. I didn't know what else to say. Lilly was in constant anxiety that I couldn't think of anything else but her." He pops one chocolate in his mouth "You do know that your father will come after her now and she's the target of every enemy your father made. That includes Rossi and Luca." I curl my fingers in sudden anger. Elijah wasn't wrong and I hate that he was right.

I hated the thought of them hurting my Lilly.

"Not to mention, I bet your father is looking for the wedding document now." He says things out loud. The things that I have been thinking about for two days now. I announced to my father that I am married two days ago.

Lilly is under constant stress. Barely eat anything and she barely sleeps. I don't know why she kept still in my arms as I hold her to sleep even though she could get up anytime she wants. She stays in my arms from the time I sleep to the time I wake up.

I huff and rub a hand down my face "I am fucked." I just added more stress on my shoulder for no reason. First was Rossi, then Luca, and now marriage. I fucked with myself. Elijah says with his mouthful "You bet! You shitty ass hoe!" I flick on his bad arm and he cries "Fuck your- balls!" I snort and take his favorite caramel chocolate. He scowls as he rubs his arm gently. I did feel bad that he took a bullet for me, he pushed me out of the way to protect me because I was a statue when the shots were fired.

I felt this weight weighing me down instantly as I say "Elijah, I need help." I look up at him and he nods "I know a man that can get us fake marriage paperwork."

LILLY

I make myself a cup of coffee when the door opens.

I look up and it's him. Wearing a black sweater and black jeans. His ring was still on his ring finger while mine- was in my pocket. He notices it but he doesn't say. There are rolled-up papers in his hand but he kept his fist tight around them. I didn't like this, this silence. I didn't like how comfortable he was in touching me while I had battles every second to push him back. I liked his touches, I liked that every time he gets closer to my heart, it bounces inside my chest.
I take a sip of the coffee and sigh at the warmth. This is my mind and body trying to adjust to the situation. I do not like Carter Romano. I do not like his touches. I do not like him getting closer.