A Fallen In Love

Blades of grass were dancing in rhythm with the wind. Sounds of the night were like lullabies in the ears. Everyone was in their rooms quietly sleeping, playing with their dreams. And here I was, sitting comfortably on my favorite branch high up in the clouds of the biggest tree in town. The scenario has been like this for thirteen years since I stepped-foot here. But after a few days, my stay and life here just became more meaningful. I just knew what my purpose here was.

The only thing my self had been searching for was what I found in here. I do not know why and how but I just knew it. I never doubted my decision from that day. But being here all alone, missing for my past life couldn’t be avoided. There were times that I just missed what or whom I have left behind. I could still remember those times when I was still on the upperworld and when I was sent in the underworld with my own doing and will.

*************

"Xavier! Where have you been? I've been looking for you everywhere. How many times do I have to tell you to stop going there without permissions?!" Wallace scolded as soon as his eyes landed on me. Wallace was my foster parent since god only knows. Here, in the upperworld, biological parents don't exist. Every single life form here was created only by 'Him' and was raised by whom He assigned to. You could find here whatever you would need. But for me, life here was boring and plain as a paper. Even the tasks that were given to us don't give me the thrill and adventure I was aching to experience.

Maybe there had been a mistake while He was creating me. Everyone here was all His loyal servants. It was not that I was not loyal to Him but it just happened that I was an adventurous one. Let's just say that I was the black sheep in the family. Everyone's eyes were always trained on me waiting for my mistakes. They were so eager to watch an interesting show, wherein I was the main actor and the plot was I would be kicked out from here. Sometimes, I was wondering if the upperworld was really supposed to be like this. Wallace was the only one who has the patience for me.

"Xavier! Are you even listening to me?" Wallace cut me out from my thoughts. "You know that what I'm telling you was what is good for you. You wouldn't want to be kicked out from here, don't you? And I don't want that too. No one has ever been kicked out, lucky you you're the first to be on the waiting list." He said with so much concern and sadness in his two vibrant blue pools.

Drama wasn't in my recipe but I do cherish everything he had done for my sake. And I don't want to be a burden for all of his life; and that would be an eternity. "He had given a task for you. Be sure to read and understand it thoroughly. And this time, please, please don't do anything that would cause you harm. One more mistake and you'll be out from here. Are we clear Xavier?"

"Yeah?" I answered, most likely questioned myself.

"Please. Please Xavier. Be wise this time." He sighed and handed me the scroll that contained my task. "Read that carefully. Don't bother asking if you have some. I'll just be around doing works here." He patted my shoulder and then left me spacing out.

With all my will, I never wanted to be kicked out. But being a burden was not what I ever wanted. Living in this too organized world doesn't complement me. I wanted to experience something new, something I don't know yet.

Everything has been decided and the final say was I being kicked out, the very first to be. I was now the talk of the town. The clown in the circus. I hated this. I hated those calculating eyes. But there is one that I hated the most, those pools of remorse. Wallace.

He was there, standing in front of me with tears threatening to spill from his eyes. As much as I regretted this, I don't want to be a burden of his anymore. He told me to be wise and this is what I thought to be a wise decision. This would benefit him and me. Maybe not yet this time, but in no time, I know this would benefit the both of us.