The night of the 25th

Nobody had no idea exactly what went down that night.

The night of the 25th, at the Croft's apartment.

It was a chilly night like every other night in late November, Adam and Emma Croft had the perfect date night planned out.

Their marriage has been having hiccups for the past few months, and Adam had finally gotten an idea to ease things up a bit.

He had planned a romantic dinner date, just for him and his wife.

No kids this time.

Emma was dressed in her best evening dress of red, decorated with red savroski.

She looked exactly what she was going for, a sweet 16!.

Their two kids; a boy and a girl named Derek and Brittany of ages 12 and 8 respectively were left at home in care of their babysitter, Ava.

The sweet 17 year old who babysat them and some other kids in the neighbourhood whenever the parents had an outing and the children were still too young to fend for themselves.

She had just graduated high-school, and was awaiting her acceptance into the prestigious University of Birmingham, she had always wanted to major in the natural sciences.

Ava Valentine was the neighbourhood's definition of sweet.

She was kind and respectful and well known amongst the elders in the neighbourhood.

No one would ever say anything bad about Ava, and she was a straight A student at school, an amazing and talented leader of the cheer squad at Greenford High.

Everybody loved Ava and that's why the incident of that night not only remains a mystery as to what exactly happened but was also an incident that left the Greenford area shaken.

The neighbour, the 66 year old Mrs Higgins who had called 999 that night said she heard screams, really loud screams.

Not just one but three screams from the Croft's apartment and she believed it came from the kids.

Soon after the police arrived alongside the paramedics, the Croft's car drove in, in a rush.

The couples were frantic saying they had received a call from the landline and the voice they heard sounded like Ava's but weak and they could only hear her say the word 'help' faintly.

The couples rushed down immediately, not going on with their dinner date.

No one was allowed into the apartment, but everyone could tell exactly what had happened.

With the blaring police lights and siren, it was indeed a night night one would ever forget.

It was said that Ava's body had nothing less than 15 stabs on her neck and 5 on her stomach and the Croft kids, they had 2 knife stabs each.

It was brutal, the neighbourhood shook and the incident left a scar that is yet to be healed till this day.

Hearsay has it that Ava had called Adam Croft via the landline and she sounded so hysterical and couldn't speak, she had only asked for help before the scream followed.

It was a gory sight!

When the bodies were brought out of the apartment, Ava's head was almost falling from her body.

Emma broke down immediately, crying in tears while Adam held her passionately in his arms.

Their two sons were gone, just like that! With no one having an idea as to what happened.

Few days later, the police released some information about the incident.

The lock was intact and the back door was locked indicating that there had being no sign of forced entry into the home and the perpetrator came in through the main entrance.

The only theory the cops could come up with was, either the door was left opened or the perpetrator was a known and trusted person.

It was a small town and everyone was used to each other so it left them all bereaved as to who would do such a thing and why?

No one has an answer to that, the only ones who could tell were GONE.

After some months with investigations being carried out, the perpetrator was still not identified, whoever it was did a clean, smooth job.

No traces left at the scene, not the murder weapon or a hair or maybe some clothing or items from which DNA can be tested from.

Nothing. Nothing at all was found and so the investigation has being on a halt.

Her boyfriend was brought in by the cops and questioned repeatedly, but it was later confirmed that he had nothing to do with it.

He wasn't in town the night of the murder and so he was dismissed.

Some other suspects were brought in and questioned by the police, like the pizza guy who delivered the pizza that was still warm on the table when they arrived the scene.

But the camera sent on their front porch had carried all of the interactions as to when he arrived, hit the bell and Ava got the pizza from him and shot the door right after him and the guy left. He was dismissed too.

The camera had captured the perpetrator too who had come in just almost immediately after the pizza guy left.

Apparently the door wasn't locked and he got in, he couldn't be identified as he was heavily an completely hooded in black.

Who it was couldn't be pointed out, nothing could point to anyone from what was captured and so no leads came in.

And now, 16 years later the case had become cold. The last time I heard, Emma was in a mental asylum, the incident had made her crazy.

And Adam Croft, he died just six months after the incident. He was depressed all through and eventually died from a heart attack.

Emma was broken beyond repair, nothing could ever fix her.

The case of the Croft family is one that could never be forgotten in the history of Medford and so it was a day that was always spent in solemn in the neighbourhood to honour the tragic event that happened that night.

"Wow Mum, that's a whole lot" My 10 year old whom I was narrating to said as he pulled the shawl tighter.

I smiled gently, "yes love, paying our respect to them is the least we can do".

"Yes mum, now I'll be more enthusiastic towards the celebrarion now since I know what's behind it".

"Yes my boy, yes".

THE END

HI READER!
DON'T FORGET TO TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS BOOK.
PWEETY PLEASE.
THANK YOU.

Next Update: Soon.