Chapter 2 - Reunion

Author's Note: This chapter is quite similar to what happened before on Onderon, except the emotions are quite different. And don't worry. There will be major divergences coming up shortly. :D 

~ Tirana Sorki

Ahsoka can hardly believe it. Yes, she had hoped that she was going to see Lux again before the end of the war, but she didn't expect it to be this soon. It's only been months since the incident with Death Watch, and now, here she stands in the Council chambers, with a call from Onderon.

"The only way to reclaim Onderon will be through armed struggle," Lux is saying, "But we lack sufficient hardware and supplies." She has to admit that she's glad he's finally planning to take a stand against the Separatist occupation. It couldn't have been an easy decision, she imagines.

"Onderon is in your king's rule," Obi-Wan asserts, "And at the outbreak of the Clone Wars, he chose to align it with the Separatists." Because of that, the Council is obviously reluctant to get involved, but Ahsoka really thinks they should help him.

"Our true king has been silenced," objects Saw Gerrera, the other person in the transmission who's standing beside Lux. "The one you recognize is a traitor and a Separatist minion. We need your help to survive this."

"Find a way, we shall," Yoda assures.

"We await your answer," Lux replies, gaze flickering around the Council room, landing briefly on Ahsoka. He smiles faintly, a reminder of their promise to one another, before the hologram disappears.

"There are pockets of rebels on many of these planets that simply need guidance," Anakin speaks up, "With training and resources, they could attack soft targets while the Republic continues to engage them on the battlefield."

"That sounds like terrorism, Anakin," objects Obi-Wan. Who are they terrorizing exactly? Battle droids? Sounds more like strategy, in Ahsoka's opinion.

"We are simply helping them with their insurgency," he objects, "We can divide the Separatist forces and press them on two fronts."

"A means to an end, fear cannot be. Stop those who spread terror, the Jedi must," insists Yoda.

"Indeed," agrees Obi-Wan, "What you're suggesting would open up dangerous possibilities, and we must not train terrorists."

Ahsoka barely refrains from glaring at Obi-Wan. Lux is not a terrorist, even if he got dragged into something like that unknowingly. All he wants is the best for his people and to free his planet.

"How we conduct war is what distinguishes us from others," Obi-Wan continues, "Funding rebels to overthrow a legitimate government puts innocent lives at risk."

"They just said the government isn't legitimate," Ahsoka interjects frustratedly. She can't sit back idly when Lux needs her help. She doesn't understand why the Council is so reluctant to do anything about it. At times, it seems they're far more concerned with their own image rather than the people they should be protecting.

"We can minimize collateral damage by using arms that mainly affect droids," Anakin suggests.

"The least we can do is help them defend themselves, test the tactics while we're at it." Ahsoka is frankly shocked when Windu of all people stands up for Anakin.

"This could be a great new weapon for us," one of the other council members muses.

"Train and observe. Send advisors we will," Yoda murmurs finally, and Ahsoka instantly feels a surge of gratitude. Maybe Anakin's idea will go somewhere after all. And there's no way she wants to leave Lux without help when he needs it.