Grief Orokabu Oneshot

This takes place right after Sasuke left after defeating Orochimaru. As this is to show what may have been going on after that for Kabuto.

----------------

Kabuto stood there in shock not able to process what just happened as he stood in the hideout now the only one left alive. His heart and will had fallen to shatter into a million pieces when Sasuke showed him what had happened. But how could Orochimaru be gone? He had just left a while back and the man was showing such strength of will that made him love the older man. He had left him feeling excited for how their future would be only for it to be put out while he was just left to make him medication.

Kabuto turned to the door and with shaky steps he came up to Orochimaru's snake body before he carefully brought his hand up to the snake's head. "L-lord Orochimaru?............Orochimaru?" He called to the dead body which didn't respond. Tears started to well up in his eye as the reality that he was gone sat in. "LORD OROCHIMARU" He called in agony as his legs gave way as he fell to his knees as he cried holding the dead snake to him. Memories of their time together playing in his mind.

******

He had always looked up to him. As he got older it grew beyond just admiration into something much deeper. He didn't realize when it happened but he had fallen for the older man and wanted to just be there with him always.

During the time he cared for Orochimaru after he lost the use of his arms thanks to the third Hokage he got use to sleeping in a room close to him to be able to come if needed. It was during one of those nights when he would laying to sleep he realized no matter what body Orochimaru had he would love him regardless as he loved him for the strength of will and his mind. He had fallen for his soul no matter what body he housed. He even willing to give his own body to house him. That night though thoughts of being held by the older man which made his face burn a bit. He was glad that Orochimaru was already asleep. He took a deep breath to calm down to go to sleep.

The day Orochimaru did transfer to a new body, Kabuto was staying close to make sure he was alright. At the time he felt that his feelings might not be returned so he hide them inside as he would tend to his master. He wasn't needed as much so he would busy himself a bit with lab tests. He didn't want those feelings to interfere with anything.

Weeks pasted and Orochimaru was able to care for himself as his new body healed and didn't need bandaging so he would worked hard in the lab. On one such day he had lost himself in work as he looked at some papers. "And....this will...make things more efficient....It works better." He mumbled to himself deep in thought as he wrote something down. He hadn't noticed Orochimaru had come into the room and had closed the door behind him. When the older man spoke it startled him but he didn't let it show besides a small motion of his knee. "You have been so busy it's almost as if you are avoiding me Kabuto. But I can't imagine why you would since you are not someone I can replace." It took him a moment to take in his words as he didn't turn to look at Orochimaru. He chewed his bottom lip to calm his mind so he didn't show the emotions he wished to hide. Taking deep breaths he turned to face him. "I just have been getting back on track on experiments since I had time Lord Orochimaru." He said in his normal matter of fact voice. Orochimaru would chuckle a bit as he came to sit on the table next to where Kabuto was sitting to look at the notebook he had been writing it. "I see, but you haven't even reported on them to me personally which is time you did as you aren't just some underling of mine, you are my right hand and yet you have been distant." Orochimaru's voice held a playful teasing tone as a small smirk played on his lips. Kabuto had to take a deep breath to keep himself from showing that his heart was racing at that moment. He know well Orochimaru was plenty older then himself but that didn't matter to him as to him Orochimaru was an Immortal being. "Alright my lord, I can go over everything since your here." He said keeping his voice stable as he then went over everything.