hey, doc look what i just found 5

The clock on the nightstand read 2AM and Bugs was fast asleep, like most toons at this hour. His breathing was soft as his chest rose and fell. Suddenly, he felt pressure on the other side of the bed and with him being a light sleeper, he quickly sat up.

“—You’ll never take me alive!!!” He screamed.

Bugs looked to his side and found Wakko sitting there, twirling his fingers. “Sorry…”

“Hey, Wakko.” Bugs rubbed his eyes. “What are you doing here? Bad dream?”

Wakko nodded silently. “I… ugh… I was wondering if I could sleep here tonight. I won’t bother much.”

Bugs sighed. “Sure, it’s not a problem. Come here.” Bugs patted the side of the bed.

Wakko happily jumped in with a blanket of his own and cuddled next to Bugs. Bugs smiled and closed his eyes, drifting back to sleep. Another weight climbed up to the bed and Bugs looked up to see Dot making herself comfortable on his other side with a pink blanket of her own. He chuckled, rubbed her head, and went back to sleep. Then another weight climbed up the bed. Bugs opened an eye to see Yakko rest his head on one of Bugs’ legs and cover himself with a green blanket.

Bugs smiled. That leg would probably be sore in the morning.
O

OO

“What do you mean they did it?” Bugs yelled at the phone. The call was on speaker, for Bugs had his hands full rubbing Yakko’s back. The poor kid had his head inside a bucket.

Plotz groaned on the other line. “There was a mess on Lot 69!”

“Goodnight everybody…” Yakko groaned and vomited on the bucket.

Bugs glared at the phone. “I’ve been with them all day long, doc! One of them is really sick and you call me to tell me they destroyed Lot 69!?”

“Goodnight everybody…” Yakko smirked but vomited again. “I should have checked if that ice cream was lactose free…” He mumbled.

Plotz growled. “Listen—”

“No, you listen! There are hundred of toons living on set! For all we know, it could have been Taz or the coyote! You know how they are! And I told you that if the kids made a mess, it was on me. Well, I’m telling you they have been with me all day! Especially with one of them sick. Say hello, Yakko.” Bugs said.

“Hey, Plotzy—” Yakko quickly turned his head inside the bucket and vomited.

Plotz made a disgusted sound. “Yuck! Fine! I believe you. You’re free. For now.” The he hung up.

“What a load of—” Wakko could not finish that sentence for Dot covered his mouth.

“Don’t finish that.” She said.
O

OO

So far, everything had gone well with the Warners. A few missteps here and there, but nothing too worrying for they were making progress. The rabbit was starting to give them a bit more freedom to themselves which the kids took with great care and stretched every minute of it. They even went alone to Granny’s and stayed the day there while Bugs worked on a short film.