hey,doc look what i found 6

"Is he dead?"

"I don't think so. He's breathing."

"He sounds like a truck with asthma."

Bugs slowly opened his eyes at the hushed whispers around him. He saw three faces that had become so entangled with his life. "What's up, doc?" He groaned, but his voice sounded cracked.

Yakko rested a hand on Bugs forehead. "We were calling you for breakfast, but you wouldn't come down. So, we brought you breakfast in bed. But it appears you have a fever, so Wakko ate the other breakfast and we made you a carrot soup instead."

Bugs smiled. "Thanks, kids." He sat up and gently took the bowl from Dot's awaiting hands. "Thanks, Dot."

Wakko scratched his head as Bugs ate the soup. "You weren't like this yesterday."

Bugs winced as he remembered what happened last night. He was filming a short film late into the night. He couldn't bring the Warners with him, so they spend the night at Granny's. Then, it had started to rain, but production had to continue since they were behind schedule. After that, he went home, took a shower, and went off to bed at ungodly hours in the morning. Bugs had told Granny to drop the kids at home in the morning around seven. He probably missed the bell ring.

"I might have gotten a cold." His voice was hoarse.

"We should call Hello Nurse for advice." Dot suggested.

Wakko made heart eyes at the mention of the nurse and Yakko was about to do the same until he caught Bugs' eye. The rabbit arched an eyebrow at him and Yakko gulped, remembering... the conversation... with the rabbit.

Yakko fake coughed and smacked Wakko on the head to snap him out of it. "Hey, Wakko. Control yourself."

Bugs gave a small smirk. "It's just a little cold, kids. Nothing that some medicine and sleep can't cure."

"Well, ok..." Wakko sighed. "But if you get worse, we're calling the nurse!" He said a bit too enthusiastically.

Bugs sighed. "Sure, kid."

Dot got closer to Bugs as he ate the soup. The rabbit arched an eyebrow in question. Dot shook her head. "Those bags under your eyes really hurt your bunny-adorableness."

Bugs almost choked on his soup.

He spends most of the day in bed after calling in sick. Turned out, Daffy was sick too, so was Porky. He was mostly left unbothered by the kids and the house was unusually quiet, only the low volume of the TV was on most of the day. He slept most of the morning up until midday when he finally woke up. He threw a blanket over his shoulders and went downstairs to check on the kids.

Only to find a crying fest in the living room.

"Kids? What's wrong?" He stepped closer to them.

"Bugs?" Wakko wiped his eyes with his sweater. "You're supposed to be in bed."

"I feel much better now." Bugs glanced at what was in Yakko's hands. "What's this?"

"It was left on our doorstep." Said Yakko, never taking his eyes from it.

It was a white bakery box with a pink bow on top.

Bugs was getting more confused by the minute. "May I see?"

The trio nodded and handed him the bakery box. Bugs opened the box and inside there was a white cake, presumably vanilla flavored, with messy whipped cream letters in red that said:

I'M SORRY

-TAZ

Bugs smiled. "Guys, this is an apology gift from Taz! I mean, sure, he could have decorated it a bit better, but—"