12

*TW* BRIEF MENTION OF SUICIDAL THOUGHTS!

After school, I went to Craig's house. It was weird being there and him inviting me. That's right; I didn't ask, he offered. I know we are friends now, but I still find this whole thing odd. Like, you know, realizing Craig Tucker is actually human, unlike what I've hypothesized over the years. So yeah, that's some science talk I've learned from my new friend. And yes, I'm getting a D in science.

I take a deep breath as I knock on the dark-haired boy's door. I didn't walk back with him because I still went to Tweek Bros. It's okay since he asked if I could come over at 4:30 rather than when we get out at 3:30. But he gave no explanation, of course.

'knock' 'knock' It's weird that I hesitated when knocking on the large wooden surface, but this is a little different than the shock I got from the invite. I've never been to Craig's house before. It's not that shocking since we've never been friends, but when we were kids, while we never liked one another a few times, all the boys would hang out. It is a small town, after all.

A minute had passed, and I began to get nervous; well, more than I already was. Then, finally, I heard the door squeak open, causing me to turn my head to face the doorway. It wasn't Craig at the door, though; it was a little girl; I mean, technically, she wasn't little but looked a good few years younger than me.

I smile softly at the girl, "Hey, um, is Craig here?"

"Yeah, I assume so since he doesn't do anything on Fridays cause he's a loser—"

Suddenly the strawberry-blonde girl was shoved out of the doorway. I look up to see Craig now where the girl once was, "Sorry about that, just my idiot sister," the dark-haired boy says, glaring back at his sister.

"At least I'm not an emo nerd who has nothing better to do than stay home on Friday nights."

"That's not even an insult. Only insane people actually enjoy going out after an exhausting school week."

"It's called being popular."

"It's called being a weirdo who enjoys non-stop human interaction."

The young girl rolls her eyes with her arms crossed. I chuckle softly at the interaction I just witnessed, "Common Marsh, let's go to my room." I nod and follow him up the staircase.

Craig turns into a room on the left of the hallway. When I enter, I see that his room is relatively neat, except for his desk, which is a mess. The walls are painted a dark shade of blue, with one accent wall being black. The black wall was coated in white specks and had a series of posters, most involving astronomy and science. On the ceiling were some of those stars and planets you stick on and glow in the dark, which I assume he put on as a kid and never took off. His bedding matched the accent wall, with a single stuffed blue bear on top of the made bed.

I walk over to the bed and pick up the bear. It's cute. It had curly fur and a ribbon tied into a bow around its neck in a darker shade of blue. "I never pegged you as a stuffed animal guy."

Craig turned around, being he was just looking in a drawer on his desk. Then, he walked over to me, looking down at the bear in my hands, "I don't sleep with it, Marsh."

"So, you still have it."

"Well, I like it."

"Well, that would only be why one would assume you have it."

Tucker rolls his eyes, sitting on the bed, "Tweek got it for me." I glance away from the bear, "I'm not usually into those things, but I like that one," Craig's lips formed a soft smile that showed true love. It was sweet.