19

Craig

"Like an intervention?" I question as I cock my head to the right raising an eyebrow at the blonde.

"Sort of, but it would be more of a therapy session with friends to help him work through his issues and let him decide the course of action that would be most useful in helping him through his issues."

"Soo, an intervention," Kenny groans, throwing his hands to his face as I slurp the hot coffee, heating my hands from the Colorado rain. I won't lie. I was surprised that Kenny texted me to meet him at Tweek Bros this morning for a few reasons. One is that we just became acquaintances a few days ago when we cleared things up, but the bigger reason why the invite was such a shock is that I never gave him my number. Turns out he went through a lot of trouble to find a way to contact me. Given my absence from all social media, he wasted a lot of time searching for my non-existent accounts. Eventually, he asked for my number from Stan, which I can only assume raised many questions. So even though I wasn't in the mood to go out on a rainy Sunday morning, I felt he earned an hour of my time.

Plus, Tweek works Sundays.

"No, it's not an intervention. An intervention is more like, 'Hey, you have an issue and have no choice but to do this, and this is to send you away to force you out of your problem, you loser.'"

"Uh, I don't think—"

"What we'd be doing is, 'Look, we've noticed you've been struggling and want to know what's been going on,' then we can all choose a course of action together."

I stared blankly at Kenny, trying to process what I had just heard. Eventually, the words swimming in my head find their way through my lips, "Yeah... I don't know if you and I have the same idea of what an intervention is."

McCormick lets out one final sigh before opening his mouth again, "Fine, whatever. The point is that my plan of action with Marsh is not as formal and urgent as an intervention."

"See, now you got it. You should have just said that. It's much more clear than the other ways you tried to differentiate the two," I take another sip of my coffee as I soak up all the enjoyment from the annoyance Kenny is radiating.

"Tucker, don't make me regret coming to you for help."

"What?" My eyes light up as I see the instant regret wash over the blonde's face, "You need my what?"

"Stop it. You're wasting time."

"No, no, no, I want to hear what it is you need from me. My ears didn't quite pick up the words, and I think it would be beneficial for you to just repeat yourself."

"Craig, I'm not going to play this game. You heard me, now quit it."

"I don't think I did. Look, if you didn't want to have to repeat yourself, you should really work on your mumbling."

"I'm not going to say it."

"The longer you wait, the longer we will have to sit here."

The blonde sighs heavily before muttering, "Help."

"No, the full thing."

"Ugh," Kenny rolls his eyes filled with defeat as his head tilts down before whispering, "I need your help."

"What did I just say about mumbling?"

"Fine, I need your help. There, are you happy now?"

"I'm never happy. But that did give me a hint of joy."

The powerful smirk felt good, but, unfortunately, my victory was short-lived, "What! You're never happy? Not even when you're with me, gah."