Chapter Nine: Yellow Teeth

*TW/Author Note: This chapter contains themes of sexual assault, but nothing extreme like rape. If this triggers you or makes you uncomfortable, just skip to the next chapter once it's posted, it will mention briefly what took place*

*Also, this chapter is only 1300 words, most of my chapters are around 3000, so it's shorter.*

"I'll show you who my sweetheart's never met; wet teeth, shining eyes glimmering by a fire"

- Valentine, Texas by Mitski

"Why are you still here?" I questioned him, taking a step back from the kitchen. He takes a step forward. I shiver in disgust.

"Your mom is out buying dinner for us," He told me loathsomely, taking another step forward. I shift back slightly as his face moves close to mine.

"Get out of my house." I demand, only a slight shimmer of fear shone in my eyes.

"Or what?" He spat, his face only a few inches from mine. I stepped slowly away from him. He grinned. "There's nothing you can do about it, little lady." He hissed through his teeth, which were stained yellow. I swallowed the lump in my throat. He kept stepping closer to me as I kept stepping back, till the wall next to my bedroom door was only a step behind me. He put his hand to the wall, blocking me from escaping.

"What do you want?" I asked desperately, trying to seem as though I was not afraid. I was petrified. He stared me dead in the eyes, and slowly grinned ear to ear. He moved his mouth close to my ear. I closed my eyes frightfully; his awfully disgusting voice whispered in my in my ear,

"You."

I flinched my head to the right, squirming to get out of his grasp.

"Let me go!" I yell, tears starting to fill in my eyes. He grabbed my face and shifted it to face him. "Let me go!" I yell again. He pushes my face onto his, our lips touch. I shove him away with all the strength in me. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" I yell as loud as I can. I pause for a moment. I sound like my dad. Carl proceeds to use this moment of hesitation against me, pushing me up against the wall, hands tightly gripped onto my throat, as I cry and gasp for air begging him to let me go. "Please..." I utter. He loosened his grasp. I wheeze and cough for air. I look up at him.

"Finally, you're cooperating..." He spat, touching my neck, making me wince. I shove him away again, and he takes a step back. This time, I kicked him where it hurts, (in between his legs). He groans in agony as his knees hit the floor. "You useless bitch! I know you want it!" He howls in pain.

"Leave me alone, bastard!" I shriek, dashing to the door as he pushes himself off the floor. I grasp the door knob, running out into the hallway of the building like my life depended on it, because in this case, it did.

I pushed through the door with the bright red sign "Exit" on it, and ran down the stairs, gasping and wheezing for air, tears streaming down, my vision blurry. I stopped at the door to the first floor, hands on my knees, sobbing and trying to catch my breath at the same time. I heard thumps, footsteps, and slowly stopped down the staircase. "H-hello?" I manage to say, taking my hands off my knees and looking upward. My heart was racing. The loud thumping footsteps became fast. "Hello?! Who's there?" I shout, wiping the tears from my eyes. The thumping stops and someone turns round the corner.

"Hello, Abby." He snarled. It was Carl. I gasped and dashed away from him down the stairs as he quickly followed. "Hey! Slow down! Can't a guy have a little fun around here?" He howled at me, quickly approaching. I slammed the door to the parkade open. There was a giant opening to the outside of the building; tears continued running down my flushed cheeks. I quickly pulled out my phone and called my mom. The continuous ringing echoed through the empty space. No answer. I called her again. No answer. I could call the police, but I knew once they arrived they would be too late. I looked at my contacts, and the only other person there was Itsuki. I called him.

"Hey, Abby, I'm just across the street. I'll be there in less than a minute." I heard his voice coming from the phone.

"Itsuki, hurry!" I weeped, starting to sob.

"Abby?! What's going on?!" He asked in terror.

"I'm in the parkade, please hurry-"

The door opened behind me, and I quickly turned around as someone snatched my arm, making me drop my phone onto the concrete.

"Not so fast," Carl snarled in my ear.

I was up against the wall again, just as I thought I had gotten away. I could still hear Itsuki's muffled voice over the phone. Carl kissed my neck, then my collar bone. I couldn't get out. I was trapped. He touched my hair, he placed his hands on my hips. " Just stay quiet and I won't hurt you," He whispered. I shut my eyes, a tear ran down from them.

"Please stop," I cried. My head was throbbing, there was ringing in my ears. His hands felt like sharp needles stabbing my skin. There was nothing I could do. I was helpless.

"Get your fucking hands of her." I heard a voice. The ringing went quiet. Carl loosened his grasp on me. I slowly opened my eyes.

His hand was gripped tightly onto Carl's shoulder as he stood behind him. His dusty black hair was shining from the slight sunlight shining as it set. Itsuki. Carl let go of me, and looked over to him.

"Or what?" He grinned. Itsuki brought out his phone, and punched in 911. "The police won't do anything anyway, it's not like I raped her!" He chuckled. Itsuki gave him a death glare. I stood there helpless by the door.

"You may not have raped her, yet you still sexually assault a minor." Itsuki had a firm look on his face.

"You- You have no evidence!" Carl laughed nervously.

"But I have two witnesses, myself and her." He replied, looking over to me. He stepped closer to him. "Now get the hell out of here. If I ever see you anyway near her again, I'll call the cops on you. And if they don't do anything about it, I might just kill you myself. Do I make myself clear?" Isuki glared as Carl stepped back.

"Yup, crystal clear!" He chuckled nervously before dashing away. I looked at Isuki, and he looked at me. I smiled, mouthing the words "Thank you," since I didn't have the strength to say it. I sniffed and my chest started to feel heavy. My breath was fast and short. I was shaking. I slowly dropped my knees to the floor. I tried taking a slow breath but I couldn't. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I sat on the cold concrete. Itsuki rushed over to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"It's okay, you're okay now."

He whispered, holding me in his arms. I hugged him and shoved my face onto his chest, my tears wetting his black button up. He rubbed my back, comforting me. "Breathe in through your nose," He told me. I took a breath. "Now out through your mouth" I exhaled. My breathing slowed down. "What are 4 things you can see?" He asked. I looked up at him.

"Um, I can- I can see your eyes." I sniffed.

"What color are they?" He asked, though he already knew they were brown.

"They're a dark shade of brown, with gold around the pupil." I took a deep breath and looked down. "I can see my white socks," I wiped my tears with my sleeve. I look over to the outside. "I can see the sky, it's kind of orange right now,"

"And one more thing?" Itsuki smiled.

"I can see your black shirt, with a wet spot where my face was." I smiled. I took a long breath. I rested my head on his chest, his arm was wrapped around my shoulder. He touched my hair gently.

"It's okay, I'm here." He whispered. "I'm here."