Chapter Eleven: Wake Me Up When September Ends

*Author Note: This chapter is really short, a bit more than 900 words, but the next chapter is going to be super long. And yes, the chapter name is based off of the song.*

"Quiet is the city air on a summer night after it rains, Faster than a bolt of lightning the speed of a Japanese bullet train. And you know, it's always trying to stay awake. Oh, but darling, running ain't enough to escape from the monsters in my brain"

- In My Mind by Lyn Lapid

I was waiting by the door; I was the first person to arrive at the theater.

"Abby! Over here," Lily waved, getting out of her car. I smiled.

"Hey Lily," I said, as we both walked through the door.

"James and Itsuki should be here in a few minutes, now, let's go get popcorn!" Lily beamed, grabbing my arm.

When we were waiting in line, Lily kept staring at the cashier.

"What is it?" I asked, looking at her. Lily was blushing slightly.

"Don't you think she's pretty?" She smiled. The cashier was pretty, her hair was dyed cotton candy pink, and she had a big smile, and bright blue eyes.

"She is, but I didn't know you like girls," I replied. Lily continued staring at her.

"Yeah, I do. I thought it was normal for someone to like their own gender growing up, but sometimes I forget most people only like the opposite gender." Lily told me.

"So your bi?" I asked.

"I'be never cared for labels, I don't think they matter." She shrugged. I nodded.

"You should ask for her number," I smirked.

"No, she's way too old for me, she looks twenty-five or so," Lily sighed.

"True," I replied.

Just after getting our popcorn, James and Itsuki arrived.

"Hey guys!" I waved. They came over to us.

"Hey Abby, hey cutie." James gave me a soft smile, then smirked and winked at Lily. Lily fake gagged.

"Hi," Itsuki said quietly. Lily handed Itsuki a bucket of popcorn, then shoved another into James' hands, making him spill a little. Me and Lily gave each other a look and snickered, as we started walking.

"Why are you guys so mean to me?" James pouted as we entered the door with a poster of "Space Wars: The Fall of Starwalker" beside it.

We were halfway through the movie, Lily was in the seat to my right, Itsuki was in the seat to my left, and me and him were sharing our popcorn, while Lily and James had their own (Lily didn't want to share with him). I went to reach for popcorn, but at the same time, he did as well, and our hands touched.

"Sorry!" He quickly pulled his hand out of the bucket, and even in the dim lighting I could tell his cheeks were bright red.

"That was terrible," Lily scoffed as we left, the movie being over.

"I didn't think it was that bad," James smiled.

"That's because you're an idiot, idiota." Lily rolled her eyes.

"I am not!" James argued, causing them to start fighting/flirting again. I looked at Itsuki.

"Did you like the movie? I didn't like it that much, the older ones are definitely better." I asked him as he looked at me.

"I've never seen any of the Space Wars movies before," Itsuki admitted. I smiled, touching his shoulder.

"Then we should watch them all together sometime." I suggested.

"Like, all four of us?" Itsuki asked, looking over to James and Lily, who were still arguing.

"I mean, if you want, but I was thinking just the two of us." I smiled nervously.

"Yeah sure, sometime." Itsuki nodded as we left the cinema.

James and Itsuki left, and me and Lily decided we should have a sleepover at her house, in which I called my mom, and she was okay with it. We stepped into her car, Lucas was driving like last time.

"Hello!" He smiled at both of us.

"Heyyy Lu" Lily grinned as she buckled her seat belt. Me and Lily kept chatting during the car ride, we then finally arrived at her house.

It looked like a mansion, though it wasn't that big for a mansion sized house. We stepped out of the car, and walked up the steps to the front door.

"I love your house!" I smiled at Lily, who smiled in return.

"Thanks!" She replied as we entered the house. Her mom was cooking in the kitchen. She looked really pretty, like a model. Her hair was naturally blonde, and not dyed like Lily's.

"Ciao mia dolce figlia!" Her mom smiled as Lily took off her jacket and hung it up on the hook, as I untied my shoes.

"That means hello my sweet daughter," Lily whispered. I smiled and nodded.

"Ciao mamma, how are you doing?" Lily replied, walking to the kitchen past the flight of stairs, I followed behind her.

" Good, how was la tua giornata?" Her mother asked.

"My day was fun, I saw a movie with some friends." Lily smiled. "Can Abby sleep over tonight?" Lily asked. Her mom nodded.

"Dinner will be ready in ten minutes, il moroso." She told us, I was pretty sure "Il moroso" meant sweetie or sweetheart.

"Kk!" Lily replied before grabbing my arm and pulling me up the stairs into her room.

We had just finished doing spa facials, and now we were sitting on her bed gossiping, the classic teenage girl thing to do. I really wanted to tell her what happened Friday, but I couldn't find the right words.

"My mom's ex-boyfriend sexually assaulted me last Friday" I blurted. Shit. I quickly covered my mouth.

"What?!" She gasped. I sighed and nodded.

"Sorry I didn't tell you until now-" She quickly wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Are you okay?! What happened?!" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows. I then started explaining what happened in the most simple way possible, not wanting to talk about it. She hugged me again.

"Oh, I'm so sorry that happened Abby." Lily looked upset.

"It's okay, I'm fine now." I smiled. I decided to change the subject. "Is it just me, or am I the only one exited for October?" I smiled.

"Omg, yes! September is pathetic compared to October." Lily agreed.

"I can't wait for September to end," I sighed.