Chapter 2

!!!WARNING!!!
!!!THIS CHAPTER IS REALLY DEPRESSING!!!

*Y/N POV*

I couldn't sleep... I just couldn't...

Y/N: "I don't care that I have school tomorrow. This song has to be perfect."

I said out loud to no one... it was just me and my guitar. Alone in my room.

I'm dead set on getting this song right. I want Gwen to know how much I love her.

I position my hands on the strings of the guitar to practice my song once more. I play the first 4 notes. Suddenly my hands freeze up and forget what fret to play next. I sigh and try again. Same thing. I play the first 4 notes. Then my hands freeze.

Y/N(whispering): "Fuck."

I reposition my hands to try again... Then all of a sudden. I start to hear a voice coming down the hall. It was my dad. Why the hell was he up this late? I get up from my bed and walk over to the door. I put my ear up against the dark brown wooden door to listen in. It was faint, but I could still make out a little bit.

Dad(Whispered shout): "What the hell do you mean accident??... Lightning strike?! Was it Electro??... Officers were injured??... Spider-Woman?!.........

Everything got real silent for a second. The silence felt like someone was grinding my insides with a pestle.

All of a sudden, I heard my parents door open, and some stomping from the hall. I open my door just a crack. I see dad flash by. He was in a hurry. I tiptoe out of my room and down the stairs, following dad. Once I reached the bottom of the stairs, and thus entering the living room, I see dad get into his car and race out of the driveway. What happened? Was it really Electro? Did Electro kill Spider-Woman? What was going on?...

*TIMESKIP*

It is now 4 A.M. and I am sitting on the couch, with a million questions running through my head. Why did they call my dad so late? How serious was the situation? My insides now felt like an equivalent to guacamole.

All of a sudden, I see bright yellow lights flash in the window. I spring from the couch to see. It wasn't my dad's car. It was just a random police car. A man steps out of the car and walks up to the front door and bangs loudly 4 times. I heard footsteps from upstairs, my mom must have been waiting for an answer too. Suddenly it hits me, they don't know I'm awake. Not really knowing why. I hide behind the couch facing the stairs, my left side pointing to the kitchen. My right, pointing to the window.

I see mom running down stairs and quickly grabbing at the door. She opens it.

Mom: "What happened??? Where's D/N???"

???: "M/N! D/N's fine, he's in the car."

Mom: "Why the hell was he called so late?!"

???: "Because, there was a situation... at the hospital. Many officers were injured... I don't know what happened."

Mom: "So, all they needed was D/N to help the injured officers?"

I could hear in her voice that mom was trying to piece together everything.

???: "Yes, and no M/N....

There was a painfully long pause.

???: "We found... your son M/N.... I don't know how to say this.... Tommy was crushed under parts of the building..."

Y/N/Mom: "What??"

Me and mom said unison, and my cover was blown. I stood up from behind the couch, and slowly walked towards the man in the doorway. I could see him holding something in his hands. When mom looked to me, I could see tears flooding her eyes and face.