Chapter 3

!!!WARNING!!!
!!!THIS CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE REALLY SAD!!!

*Y/N POV*

My whole body feels paralyzed, yet lively at the same time. I feel everything and nothing, all at once. I guess this is what people mean when they talk about "the trauma of waking up". My body is magnetized to this bed. I feel so comfy, yet alone. Warm, yet cold.

I struggle to open my eyes. But then I suddenly remember last night. My eyes shoot open. The only thing I see is the wall. In my arms, I feel the doll. I slowly move my head, horror spreads across my face as my eyes shift to the doll. The Buddi doll is in the same position as when I went to bed. Facing the same wall as I am. I sit there a moment, staring into the red hair. The doll is motionless.

Y/N(thoughts): "I guess it was a dream."

I sigh in relief. I look at the doll for another moment, thinking about Tommy. I remember the way his face lit up when he first saw the commercials for these things. I remember how excited he was to finally have a Buddi doll. I chuckle a bit. A single tear forms in my eye. In a way, Tommy sort of lives on in this thing. It was the last thing he was holding after all. I hug the doll close.

*SHORT TIMESKIP*

After my shower I head downstairs, backpack in one hand and the doll in the other. I keep telling myself that Tommy lives on through the doll; it helps me to not think so much about that night. In a way it also helps me to feel happier.

I reach the living room and walk to the kitchen. I woke up earlier than yesterday, so I sit down to eat. I put my backpack to the side so I have an extra hand to hug the doll. I look up for a moment, mom is at the stove; her head, facing downward. Is she crying? She stays there a moment, she probably doesn't know I'm here.

Y/N: "M-Mom?"

Mom jumps at my voice. She brings up her arm and wipes it across her face. She then turns to me, her makeup is all ruined; two black streaks reach from both of her eyes to her chin.

Mom: "Uh hey. Sorry honey, I didn't hear you come down. How are you feeling?"

Y/N: "I'm fine."

I say as I shrug my shoulders a bit.

Me and mom both stare at each other for a minute. Her eyes begin to produce more tears. She begins to dart her eyes back and forth between me and the floor. It seems like she wants to tell me something. Mom then turns back around, facing the stove once again.

Mom: "Tommy's funeral is today. You can choose to go to school, or g-go to the f-funeral."

Her voice started to break.

Mom: "O-Or... you c-can choose to s-stay home. I-I u-understand if that's w-what you choose."

I throw my head down. Life just had to throw me another emotional curve ball.

Why the hell would I go to school or stay here? Of course I'm gonna go. It'll be the last chance I'll have to speak to Tommy. Forever.

Y/N: "I-I'll go. I-I want to see him. One l-last time."

Now my eyes are beginning to fill up.

Mom begins a little whimper. I can hear her trying to hold back tears.

Y/N: "I'll go get ready."

I leave the table, the doll still in my arms. I barely reach the stairs before I hear mom begin to break down. I also begin to cry as I walk upstairs. Once I reach my bedroom door I step inside, tears filling my eyes. I put the doll on the dresser, just like in my dream. I stare into its eyes for a moment. I can almost see Tommy's smile reflected in the glass eyes.