15 : Grand Prix

Today is the grand prix. I get up very early today as I have a sports session with Tom. We had a long talk about my training with Christian and Mr. Marko. Indeed, if the other drivers saw me training like them, they might wonder about my position. But the choice was made that I should continue my training daily. So we try to meet as few people as possible.

After my training with Tom. I head to my room to get ready and join the others at the circuit. They are all already working. Hannah sees me and waves to me. I start working.

We've been working for almost an hour when the drivers arrive. I say hello to them and see Checo waving to me to follow him. I frown and see him walk towards the motorhome and get a coffee.

Checo: Before the meeting starts tell me your point of view.

Me: Well I think you have every chance and it will come down to pit stops and tyres. Otherwise you have every chance of winning. Why are you asking me this question?

Checo: It's just that I have the pole and behind me the two Ferraris. And let's face it, they showed us what they can do.

Me: Checo will be fine. We'll get them. Breathe.

I put my hand on his shoulder. He closes his eyes and nods before taking a deep breath.

Checo: Yes, you're right. We'll get them.

I give him a little tap on his shoulder. We're joined by the rest of the team as they make their way to the meeting room. Checo goes up with the others while I wait for Hannah.

Out of the corner of my eye I see a red shadow. I look at the person and recognise Carlos in the distance. He turns his face towards me, I feel a smile stretch my lips and wave at him. I see him smile and do the same before turning around but he freezes for a few seconds. I don't understand immediately but I see him turn around and come to me. I hold my breath until he is in front of me.

Carlos: So you're ready to see the Ferraris on the podium?

Me: My dear Carlos you don't even know how wrong you are. This race is ours.

Carlos: We'll see about that, Carlita.

Me: You really need to stop calling me that, Lando and you. He laughs at my remark

Carlos: Oh yes, and why? I think it suits you. And you don't choose your nickname Carlita.

Me: Carlos, if I were you. I'd stop looking for me because I'm ruthless when I'm angry.

We're both getting closer to each other. I can't help but be drawn to him. He looks deep into my eyes. Due to our height difference my chin almost touches his chest. We stay like that for a long time.
Suddenly you feel someone grabbing your shoulders.

Lando: At last you're talking again. Yesterday was a long day. I thought I was going to die of trouble.

Me: Lando! How's it going?

Lando: Good.

We continue talking for a few minutes before I see Hannah arrive at the front of the motorhome.

Me: Well guys, duty calls. I point to Hannah with my chin and head towards her. See you after the race.

He nods and we wave at each other. The meeting is a bit tense after the Bahrain disaster - everyone was under pressure. We were worried about the Ferraris who were performing very well. After an hour's meeting everyone was pumped up to win this grand prix.

We head for the pitlane. Once in the garage we start to work again. Hannah and I check the last possible scenarios. As the two drivers head to their cars in the start line I wish them good luck.

I turn my head and see Charles and the Spaniard doing the same. I nod to them before letting them go.

The race was full of twists and turns. Max and Charles were both fighting until the end. Checo's failed pit stop left him in fourth place with Carlos. Hannah and I are heading for the podium.

Carlos was the first to return and headed for third place. He looks at his team before turning his head towards Red Bull. He meets my eyes and winks at me. I smile before having a small laugh and I redirect my gaze towards him. Carlos is still looking at me with a big smile on his lips.

Charles arrives and the whole Ferrari team is screaming at the top of their voices. And finally Max, this time it's our turn. He jumps around. After the ceremony we all head for the garage. The drivers head for their rest room.

Christian asks me to follow him. We move a little away from the garage. I find myself with my back to our team and facing the Ferrari garage. I see Carlos and Charles arrive, both happy.

Christian: Bravo for this Grand Prix you did a good job. It's a pity that the pit stop spoiled everything but it's not your fault. Bravo Carla. Congratulations, Carla.

At that moment I hear footsteps behind me and turn around as the two drivers empty a can of Red Bull on me. At that moment the whole team shouts and does the same. I find myself once again soaked to the skin and sticky from the drink.

We all laugh together and everyone comes to congratulate me. My gaze turns to the Ferrari garage and sees Carlos looking at me with a small smile on his face. I smile at him and he gives me a little nod before heading into the Ferrari garage.

After I put my things away I decide to send a message to Charles to congratulate him and Carlos. I quickly leave for the hotel to take a well deserved shower.

After my shower my best friend joins me. We are talking to each other when I get a notification. It's Charles.

Charles: Thank you. Congratulations to you too I saw Christian congratulating you I am so proud of you.

Me: Thanks Charly

I put my phone down when I get another notification. But this time it's Carlos.

Carlos: Thank you. Congratulations to you too, I saw that you were well integrated in the Red Bull team. By the way I was right in the end the two Ferraris on the podium. So how does it feel to be wrong?

Me: Thank you and yes I feel good at Red Bull and then you are on the podium thanks to luck that's all.

Carlos: Don't worry about it, sweetheart.

I don't answer his answer and I receive another notification from him.

Carlos: We are going to celebrate our victory with Charles. Do you want to come?  We're just going to eat together before we leave. You'll be on time for your plane I promise.

Leave a gate open...

Me: How can I refuse if you make sure I don't miss my flight.

Carlos: Okay, I'll pick you up in 30 minutes.

I look at my best friend who is jumping of joy at my news. She decides to find me the perfect outfit.

___________________________

Hi everyone

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

So what happens in the next episode?

Thanks for all the views and comments, I really appreciate it.

Kisss

CMD