Chapter 6

3rd Person Pov

Hinata was sitting in her room, ready for the banquet.

An off-shoulder, lavender dress with sleeves rested on her frail frame.

A small, simple yet beautiful purple necklace enhanced Penelope's  beauty.

Her hair was tied in a loose braid and was swept over her left shoulder.

The only things that she didn't like were her shoes and the corset.

She dismissed the maids before heading for her drawer.

She took out the dagger and a few bandages.

She lifted her dress then strapped the dagger on to her thigh using the bandages to tie it tight.

A knock on the door caught her attention.

Quickly fixing her dress and making sure nothing in her room was out of the ordinary, she opened the door.

Derrick's eyes immediately traveled to her shoes.

The color of her shoes were shabby. No, they became shabby because someone tried to ruin them.

The shoes stuck out like a sore thumb.

He frowned when he realized that one of the maids must have done that.

He figured that now would be a good time to give them to her.

"Wait a while. I'll be right back" - Derrick

He went to his room and carefully took out a box from his wardrobe.

He carried it to her chambers and set it down in front of her.

She looked at him puzzled until he opened the box.

Inside were a beautiful pair of transparent slippers.

"These are enhanced with mana. They will change into the perfect pair of slippers for you when you put them on. They can also change colors." - Derrick

Hinata was left shocked.

"Thank you.... Brother..." - Hinata

He smiled slightly and nodded before gesturing at her to put them on.

As soon as she did, they changed into a pair of lavender slippers with a butterfly on top of each.

"Its.... beautiful!" - Hinata 

Derrick internally sighed. Relieved that she had liked the gift.

"We should leave now. So that we can leave early." - Derrick

Hinata nodded and followed him out the door.

Once the two neared the carriage, Derrick opened the carriage door for her and offered his hand which Hinata gently grasped.

Timeskip

"The First Young Lord of Eckhart and The Princess of Eckhart are entering!"

"Don't be scared. Don't show them any weakness or any flaw. But don't show them too much strength either." - Derrick

The nobles swarmed Derrick with their fake smiles, probably scheming up a plot in their heads.

"I'll be right here if you need me." - Derrick

Hinata nodded at him and went to stand at the corner near Derrick.

No one approached her. Everyone around whispered and gossiped nonsense about her.

Her eyes scanned the room for a certain white haired man.

She found him surrounded by a few ladies who were probably trying to seduce him.