Chapter One : The awakening of a war that should never have existed (Caster)

In a world where magic exists but remains hidden, mankind has been able to achieve great feats; however, its greed has only increased."The War of the Holy Grail" is the name of the most feared and anticipated event for mages in society.The Holy Grail is a wish-granting machine, but it does not grant all wishes, only one person can use it.

It is the Holy Grail that designates the suitors to fight in a bloody war, the manifestation of the election by the Holy Grail is done by a seal of command that appears on the person concerned.This seal allows the user to summon a servant, a heroic spirit from the accounts and legends materializing in the present.

There are 7 official classes during a grail war:

Saber (Swordsman) Archer (Ranged weapon)Lancer (Long weapon)Caster (Use of magic)Assassin (Stealth) Berserker (Madness)

Each heroic spirit can be assigned to a class according to its base stats and eligibility according to its myth.Each servant manifests with his noble phantasm, his ultimate asset intimately linked to his myth. Thus, it is vital for an opponent not to know the true identity of his servant.Each noble phantasm is unique and depending on the heroic spirit could be powerful. There are also a very large number of categories of Noble Phantasm.

Those who summon a servant automatically become a Master and the seal on his body allows him to command his servant to do three things to win the Holy Grail War.The servant one wishes to summon can be determined by a catalyst that can be used as the basis for the summoning.

(For example, using the scabbard of Excalibur: Avalon will cause King Arthur to be summoned as a Servant)

Sometimes, external classes can intervene in the Holy Grail War, we speak then of "Ruler", neutral servants supposed to administer the Holy Grail War and avoid abuses, because the Holy Grail War has well-defined rules which must not be transgressed.The Ruler has no Master and is autonomous but disappears after the end of the Holy Grail War.

-

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

"Mhhhhhm?" "You have to get up now, Ryota!"

Kudo Ryota: "I'm coming... I'm tired"

Kudo Ryota:  "I'll be late, I have to hurry

Kudo Ryota: "I'll be late, I have to hurry."

"You should have prepared yourself in advance, Ryota." - Kudo Nishijou