Chapter 2- her period

Rainbow blitz POV
I was disgracefully woken up by dash! It doesn't help that the bed is uncomfy. Me and dash share a room. I got a cheap bed and she has a cheap bed.

Obviously scootaloo got the princess bed in the other side of the house. She was muttering my name while tapping my shoulder. I opened up my eyes and saw an EMBARRASED LOOKING DASH! I stared at her and saw that she had a blood stain. Oh shit. Don't tell me-

"Um I'm bleeding and I think its my first period?" She said. It sounded more like a question. I looked at her in utter shock.
"Do ya think scoots has them sanitary product things?" I asked her after 5 seconds.

"Blitz! Scoots doesn't know what a period is! She has even learned about it in biology! Heck she probably thinks pads are nappies for adults!" She whisper yelled after glancing at the clock.

Yup. Aunt leslie had hung a clock in the room since we don't have no phones. It's currently 5 in the morning!

"I think it's about £1.00 at the shop down the block but I don't have any money!" She said panicking.

I calmly got up and picked at the loose floorboard. I opened it to see some photos of mom and dad and some money. Not paper money! I picked some and counted. 50 p, 70p, 80p, 90p, £1.00!!

"We got £1.00!" I said in relief.

Where did we get the money? Well we kinda get some pennies and stuff lying all around the house on the ground. We also find things like 50p coins on the way to school. We bring them to bathrooms and wash them before storing them under the loose floor board.

I got up and slipped on my jacket. Rainbow dash looked at me questioningly.

"I'll get the pad thing, you stay here" I said.
I gestured to the clock. It was so early the pigs would probably be snoring before they came to beat us up.

I dashed out of the window and with that I was speed walking. I saw a mini van outside.

I saw a boy, about my age with his sis. They were helping their mom to get the furniture inside the house next to the one we live in. The boy waves at me and I wave back before walking ahead.

QI felt the stinging tears burning in my eyes as I wished my mom and dad hadn't died. Things would have been better.

Once I arrived at the tiny shop I waved at the old lady there. She is ms xiao. She knew me and dash well because she knew our parents.

She also knows about the way aunt leslie treats us. Ms xiao always says that aunt leslie was a slut.
She waved back and asked "just escaped the house?". I nodded.

"Dash got her period and I don't know nothing about pads so I need help" I said grinning.
The ms xiao walked from behind the counter and picked up not 1 but 2 packs of them pads.

I stared.
"I only got £1.00!" I exclaimed before she shook her head.

"It's on me, you kids have already suffered enough with that Leslie slut!" She said before pushing me out the store, not taking the money in my hands.
Gosh she was so nice.

Once I had gone back in through the window I gave dash the 2 packs of pads. She gasped with relief.

"These will last until it ends" she said with a sigh.
She walked out and went to the toilet. I glanced at the clock. Its now 5:15 am. The pigs won't wake up so it's safe for her to go.

We have limited toilet time so we usually use the toilets at school so that our bladders don't burst.

We can only shower for 5 minutes maximum. That isn't really a problem because dash and I are super fast. Dash normally changes in the bathroom too cause we have to share the fucking room.

But don't worry. I'm not sappy. And rainbow dash ain't sappy. We can tease each other at times but we're here for each other.

Like the time she stood up to the bullies that were bullying me in kindergarten. If our parents had lived it would be so much better.