Chapter 8

I was on my way up from the locker rooms when; "Dan!" I heard a voice call out, "what- oh god no" I saw Chris and quickly turned around. He grabbed my shoulder and faced me. "Look mate I'm sorry" he sighed. "Sorry? I don't give a shit if you're sorry." I rolled my eyes. "Dan please! I want to make this right!" Chris turned pale, "I don't even understand what me or Peej did wrong!" Chris's voice was shaky. 

"I was sick of your judgement. I was sick of you calling me gay, because I'm not! And I am so fucking sick of being bossed around by you!" I shouted. "Okay Howell, just- calm your shit. Im sorry and I also would like you to come to me and Pj's party on Friday.. Everyone is gonna come..." Chris whispered. "Why the fuck would I go to a party you assholes are throwing?!" I laughed. "just think about it. Okay?" Chris said.

"Boys?! Why are we so late to class" our principal yelled. "Sorry Mr. Oden, Ihad to grab my phone from the locker room, I forgot it" I said trying not to stutter. "Class. Now." Mr. Oden scribbled me a pass and pointed me off to class. "And why are you down here?" I heard Mr. Oden say, but I was far off before I could even slightly hear Chris respond.

—//—

The bell finally rang ending school, I walked outsdie with Phil. "Do you want to come over?" Phil said blushing. "Sure." I grinned. We turned the corner near school to get to Phil's house. "I really thought about what you said" Phil looked at me. "Huh?" I asked. "About fate, how I was meant to meet you" Phil smiled. "Right." I nodded "Well.." Phil started, "Well..?" I laughed. "Well, I'm glad I could do this for you. You're probably the best friend I've ever had" Phil giggled. I put my hand on my heart and smiled. 

We were almost to Phil's house when we passed a huge trees with red berries on them dusted with snow. Phil broke off a small branch and handed to me, "It's too cold for flowers" Phil laughed. "Aw phil" I smiled at him. "That was stupid I'm sor-" Phil began but I pushed him into a snow bank outside his house. "Dan!" Phil pouted. "Don't call your adorable gestures stupid Philly." I smirked. 

I reached out my hand to help Phil up. "Adorable?" He blushed, brushing snow off his bum. Phil and I leaned in again, "We're here" Phil squeaked. "Oh, right" I laughed. Phil gave me a sympathetic look before we entered his house.

Phil set a mug of hot chocolate in front of me on the table. "Thanks" I smiled. "Are you going to Chris and Pj's party on Friday?" Phil asked plopping down in front of me at the table. "How do you know them?" I raised an eyebrow. "I don't" Phil laughed, "they gave me a flyer that said 'Kick ass party hosted by your favorite people in the whole school, Chris and Pj' on it" He took a sip of his drink. "Twats" I shook my head. "I only know them from your stories about them." Phil said. "Oh" I stared at my hands. 

"We should go" Phil set his hand on mine. "Why?" My eyes widened. "I think it will be fun" Phil grinned. He's so fucking adorable I thought. "I mean I guess we could turn up for some food" I shrugged. "Yay!" Phil yelled. (So. Fucking. Adorable.) 

—//—

Me and Phil did homework together in his room for about 4 hours when Mrs. Lester called us for dinner. Phil's brother also came and banged on the door. "What're you two doing in here with the door shut?" He smirked. "Having sex" I said blankly. "Dan!" Phil smacked my shoulder. "Kidding!" I dramatically rolled my eyes and laughed. "Mum has dinner ready" Phil's brother said as if he was uncomfortable.

We walked into the kitchen and were hit by the amazing smell of turkey and potatoes. "Smells amazing Mrs. Lester!" I smiled. "You must be Dan! So nice to finally meet you! Phil talks about you constantly!" Mrs. Lester pulled me into a hug. "Mum!" Phil blushed. Phill mum began rambling  "He does! Phil always tells me how sweet you are and how funny and cu-" Phil then shouted "MUM!" His cheeks were bright red. I turned to look at Phil. "I think you're funny and cute too" I whispered to him so Mrs. Lester wouldn't hear. Phil then blushed even harder, turning his ears pink.

"Mum where's dad?" Phil asked, sitting down at the table with his plate of food. "He had to work late" Mrs. Lester said disappointedly. "Oh." Phil looked at his food. "This is delicious!" I said before shoveling potatoes, carrots and turkey in my mouth at once. "I'm glad you enjoy it!" Mrs. Lester smiled widely. Honestly the food was nothing special but after having pizza, takeout, pancakes and Ramen noodles for dinner almost every night for a year- any real home cooking is like Jesus. "So Phil, this is the guy you haven't been able to shut up about.. Dan I'm Martin by the way." Martin stared at Phil. "Stop" Phil began to blush again. "Martin." Mrs. Lester pointed her fork at Martin and gave him "the look". 

Everyone at the table began looking at me. "Hm?" I looked confused. "They're judging you" Phil whispered in my ear. "Why...?" I whispered back. "They do it to everyone, just- erm.. Smile and wave" Phil said. I did as he told me and Mrs. Lester and Martin began laughing. "I like you Dan." Martin shook his head. "Welcome to the family. I'm glad you and Philip are friends!" Mrs. Lester smiled brightly, "Me too" I grinned, looking at Phil.