Chapter 9

(This is slightly short, but hey, I wrote this in class for you ;) )

"Daniel! The phone is for you!" My mum shouted. I had dazed of to sleep after doing some Spanish homework. "Ugh" I moaned wiping the droop off my cheek and pulling myself up out of bed. I took the phone and held it up to my ear,

 "Hello?" I cleared my throat

"Daniel.." The voice sounded familiar.

"Who is this?" 

"Your father."

"I don't want to speak to you." I yelled into the phone. "Daniel, just listen to him!"

"Okay, what." I said annoyed.

"I wanted to apologize for my actions, and I'm sorry I caused you so much distress."

"Your apology doesn't mean shit to me!" I yelled "Daniel! My mum snapped.

"I understand that" my dad sighed

"No. You don't." I laughed

"Please can I just take you out to lunch..? You can meet my wife and our kid.."

"Kid?! Wait, wait.. You want me to spend time with the woman you cheated on my mother with?! You want me to spend time with the child of you and the woman you cheated on my mother with?!" My eyes started to water.

"Dan.. I want you to meet your little brother."

"You are histarical! You honestly think that I would want to do that? Get your head out of your ass Joseph. You lost your title as dad when you abandoned us because you decided WE WERENT GOOD ENOUGH SO YOU NEEDED A NEW FAMILY?! YOU THINK IM JUST GOING TO BE OKAY WITH THAT? I DONT WANT TO MEET YOUR PERFECT LITTLE REPLACEMENT FAMILY. I AM NO LONGER A PART OF YOUR LIFE. DO YOU HAVE ANY LOVE FOR EMILY OR JACK? THOSE ARE MY LITTLE BROTHER AND SISTER. I DONT WANT TO MEET YOUR REPLACEMENT KID. YOU WORTHLESS BASTARD!" I shouted into the phone. Emily and Jack ran down the stairs and looked at me with wide open mouths. I hung up the phone and threw it at the ground. The batteries flew out. My mum stood in silence, tears streaming down her face. "WHY. WOULD. YOU. PICK. UP. THAT. PHONE?!" I yelled.

 My mum opened her mouth to speak "Da-

"NO!" I kicked the phone. And it slid across the kitchen floor. I ran to my room, grabbed my phone, and returned to the kitchen. "I need some air" I said wiping my tears with my shirt. I yanked on my jacket, slipped on my shoes and left and slammed the door behind me.

I was walking down the pavement with no idea where I was going. My tears froze on my cheeks. I kicked signs and picked up rocks to throw as I walked. I turned all sorts of corners and twists and turns. I reached a little park and walked over to the swings. I glared at the cliff that hung over a frozen river. I could just jump off I thought. I could just end it.  

I trudged through the snow and stood at the edge of the cliff. "Just fucking do it" I laughed at myself. My nose was running and my face felt puffy and cold. I was ready to jump. I put out my arms.

 "Dan!" I heard someone yell. I felt an arm grab me and pull me into the deep snow. "Are you okay?! What's going on?!" I looked up to see a boy with jet black hair and ice blue eyes. "Ph-Phil" I stuttered. Phil yanked me out of the way of the cliff edge and hugged me. "W-w-what-what are you d-d-doing here?!" I cried standing up. "Did you realize you're right across the street from my house?" Phil moved my hair out of my eyes, "I saw you outside my window." Phil stroked my cheek. "You-you did it again" I melted into his grasp. "What?" Phil cocked his head.

"Phil Lester you saved my life again" I looked at the ground. Phil pulled me in and squeezed me. "Now tell me bear, why were you out here? What happened? What were you going to do?" Phil took my hand in his again. 

I told Phil everything. My lip quivered with every word. "Dan-" Phil started then sighed. "Please don't leave me" Phil lifted up my chin. "I can't promise.." I let out a loud sob. "Try?" Phil tightened his hold on my hand. A tear fell down his pale cheek. I nodded. 

"I don't want to go home.." I moaned. "I'll stay with you until we turn to snowmen Dan Howell." Phil cupped my face with his chilly hands. I looked into Phil's blue eyes and he smiled. "What?" He giggled. "You're so fucking cute." I said. Phil pulled my face into his and closed the gap between us. My lips then became warm. Phil's arms were around my neck and I placed mine around his chest. I felt at home in Phil's kiss. When he pulled away I stood in awe.

 "Does this mean we're... You know.." I smiled like an idiot. "I think so" Phil grinned kissing me again.