Liam

He sprinted into the wet streets, rain beating hard on him as his sneakers skidded on the wet pavement.

He was late,and so dead. He promised his mother he'd be back by eleven but it had slipped his mind. He pushed past people,some cursing him as he knocked their umbrellas away.

He checked his watch, about half an hour before his mother comes home.
He stops and tries to cross the road. He didn't have time to check for cars as he slips to get across.

That is,until a pair of lights blind him.
Liam grunts as his feet slips,his back hitting the ground. Tires screech closer to him, deafening him.
He dips his head, waiting for the inevitable impact.

Until he feels a pair of hands circle around him, lifting him up to his feet.

"Come on! You gotta move!"

He starts sprinting,the car missing him by a mear centimetre. The hands pushing him forwards, safely onto the sidewalk again.

The car screeched past, disappeared out of sight. Liam sighed in relief, panting heavily as he leaned against the wall.

As he calmed down eventually,he looked around him. Trying to find the mysterious person who had saved him,but no one was near him.
No sign of anyone else.

Sighing,he starts making his way home. Hopefully,his mother hadn't taken a shortcut and made it home before him.

Short yes,I know.
But this book's chapters are alot shorter than my others.

I hope you liked this first chapter.
As always,this is just a teaser.
The next chapter is where the story takes root.

This is unedited and the grammar is crap.
Comments and likes are appreciated.

And as always,stay groovy (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤